Thread: Random Spedo lights :s

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Random Spedo lights :s

Hey guys, My speedo has 3 lights in it. Now, these come on and off as they please. The middle one wouldnt work and then was on and off for abit then it started working but the right one stopped. So at the mo im driving around with only the bulb covering half the rev counter on, as now they have both decided to go on strike.

Ive though about changing them to LED using a kit from Crazyleds but my car has the orange filter on the LCD milage display. and apparently it wont show up when the rest of the dash is lit.

Any ideas/help, much apriciated.

Jason
    www.bansheemotorsport.co.uk
    Sitting on 18s and a 50mm drop 888 Sparco interior. Tints, and body mods on the way!
    Project 35% complete.
    www.myspace.com/toupe - Check us out out!

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Well the bulbs that aren't working at the moment are probably just blown and as you go over a bump the filiment touches and the illuminates again which is why they are doing whats happening to you

I always theough the filter they go on about when changing to LED's was on the clock/ temp/ radio display, i'll have to go read up to make sure though
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If your estate is 2000 onwards then it will have the orange filter in the mileage display, however unless the clocks are black faced you could fit blue leds in the illumination side without replacing the mileage display bulb, it looks ok left like that. However if you have black faced clocks and are post 2000 then you will have the orange layer on the speedo facia so no don't bother with blue LEDs, just either fit new bulbs or white LEDs.

The year 2000 is the cutoff point, some 2000s are ok, most aren't. Vast majority of 2001 cars have the filters if not all.

Rule of thumb is white faced clocks are without any facia filters, after 2000 they have just the mileage filter.
    Black faced clocks are ok up to 2000 and after that both the facia and mileage have the filters.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its a 2003. One of the last ones before the Better CDTI units and ABS was fitted. So if i fit white then jobs a gooden?

Jason
    www.bansheemotorsport.co.uk
    Sitting on 18s and a 50mm drop 888 Sparco interior. Tints, and body mods on the way!
    Project 35% complete.
    www.myspace.com/toupe - Check us out out!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah white will work.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.