Thread: Part number needed please.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Part number needed please.

Can I get a can of nocturno blue spray paint from vxl rather than getting halfords to mix it? I can't remember my paint code. I know there are two variations of nocturno blue.

Thanks in advance.
    Drives: Astra MK4 Coupe 2.2 & MK4 Estate 1.7TDI (Car Modification Diary)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the paint code should be on the sticker just inside your drivers door matey!

Oh & teah you can get them from vauxhall, only do small tins though, but by far the best paint!
    Astra Coupe - Linea Rossa

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linea View Post
    the paint code should be on the sticker just inside your drivers door matey!

Oh & teah you can get them from vauxhall, only do small tins though, but by far the best paint!
    Its 20H! I think it might be pearlescent which would explain why I had so much trouble spraying my spoiler.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yup Nocturno Blue is 20H & 34L (Vauxhall & Opel Codes)

Its a two stage painting process - so u need to apply the main colour coat then lacquer afterwards. The problems u experienced would not have been due to it being pearlescent or not but down to Halfords colour match - from experience Ive found that their Blue paint in particular varies from one batch to the next and is nowhere near the original colour. For instance their Polar Sea Blue is more like Prestige Blue..... Id never ever buy Halfords paint again - my personal experience is that they are atrocious - but this is just my opinion and each to their own.

If ur in the market for buying some paint then Id suggest the original twin packs (colour & lacquer) from Vauxhall themselves.

£6.50 buys u 2 x 150ml cans of top notch guaranteed to match paint/lacquer.

For your colour code it would be Part Number = 91128955

HTH

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    Yup Nocturno Blue is 20H & 34L (Vauxhall & Opel Codes)

Its a two stage painting process - so u need to apply the main colour coat then lacquer afterwards. The problems u experienced would not have been due to it being pearlescent or not but down to Halfords colour match - from experience Ive found that their Blue paint in particular varies from one batch to the next and is nowhere near the original colour. For instance their Polar Sea Blue is more like Prestige Blue..... Id never ever buy Halfords paint again - my personal experience is that they are atrocious - but this is just my opinion and each to their own.

If ur in the market for buying some paint then Id suggest the original twin packs (colour & lacquer) from Vauxhall themselves.

£6.50 buys u 2 x 150ml cans of top notch guaranteed to match paint/lacquer.

For your colour code it would be Part Number = 91128955

HTH
    Thanks very much! I will call my local dealers now and see if they have it in. Halfords don't actually stock Nocturno Blue so they had to mix it. Actually on there system Vauxhall Nocturno Blue does not even exist. 20H shows as Opel Nocturna Blau which is what they mixed for me.