Thread: Fitment of Irmscher rear splitters on Coupe

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fitment of Irmscher rear splitters on Coupe

I've got myself some Irmy rear corner spoiler thingy's for my Coupe and I'm just checking on fitment.

I've been told that I should run a bead of adhesive along the groove in the back and (masking) tape them into position before screwing them on.

Thing is, 1 of them has 2 screw holes, 1 underneath and 1 on the back which screws into the inside of the arch on the bumper and the other only has 1 screw hole and not one that screws from underneath. It looks like this has snapped off. (They are second hand)

The guy selling em says you don't really need both screws and that the adhesive will hold it with just one securing screw on each inside the arch on the back bumper.

He's sending me some adhesive to do the job, but do you think I will need additional fixing on the damaged splitter..?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i would imagine so or why else would they be on ther in the first place
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive seen the bonding stuff break down over a long priod of time (were talking alot of years) - the screws are there just to secure it on if it happens - in all honesty id put the screws in too