Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Silver Interior

Hi,

I'm currently upgrading the interior look for my Astra. As you probably know the standard interior around the console etc. is all black as standard and pretty damn bland!

Anyway, I've fitted a silver console and silver surrounds for the gear and handbrake. I've added bits and bobs like chrome vents, a new armest, tax disc holder, door pins, gear knob, and it looks pretty cool now in a chrome/aluminium look. This means theres a small section around the ciggie lighter and on the ashtray that looks out of place in black!

Am I best to just paint these myself or does anyone know where I can purchase these two little bits in silver so it matches the rest!

I might try a silver ciggie lighter and leave the back black and see what it looks like anyway. Any thoughts?

Cheers.
    1999 Mk4 Astra 1.8 16v Sport - Piper Cat Back Exhaust System - Closed Carbon Fibre Induction System - Irmscher Grille - ECU Remap - 17" Wolfrace Katanas - Silver Interior

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    It'll be WAY cheaper to paint it yourself mate. You can buy primer/paint & laquer from Vauxhall at reasonable prices to do the job and theres a how2 on painting plastic parts. That should sort it.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i sprayed the whole lot myself.

i'm also going to spray the speedo surround and the air vent surround on the passenger side and the air vent/light switch surround on the drivers side plus both side window vents. Got the paint, just need the time and weather (my spraying area is in my garden)

If you do spray it yourself. Halfrauds aluminum paint is an exact match for the vaux silver console when used with their white plastic primer and it is decent paint aswell. probably get a big can for what vaux will charge you for a tiny one
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that, I'll have to put it on hold until the weather picks up though!
    1999 Mk4 Astra 1.8 16v Sport - Piper Cat Back Exhaust System - Closed Carbon Fibre Induction System - Irmscher Grille - ECU Remap - 17" Wolfrace Katanas - Silver Interior