Thread: Dehumidifier in car.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Dehumidifier in car.

I've been using my zafira for work a fair bit lately and as some of you may have noticed its been rather wet of late. As a result a fair bit of rain has got into the loadspace in my car over the last couple of weeks and its all damp in the back which means the inside of the rear screen gets badly condensated, it does my head in.

So my question is this, in the past with other cars I have quite happily used an electric dehumidifier to sort the damp problem but my Zaf has a full leather interior so would you think its safe to use a dehumidifier in my car or would it knacker the leather?

Cheers.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Doubt it'd be strong enough to dry it right out. But to play it safe I'd clean and nourish it with some form of wax then stick the dehumidifier on. I doubt the leather would crack afterall the a/c acts as a dehumidifier as well.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yes, treating the leather first is a good idea and I didn't even think about the AC acting as a dehumidifier anyway, d'oh!
    Thanks

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well put it this way, if you leave your heaters on full chat for a week, would it goose your leather? i'd cream your leather and vax the carpet and let the air con do the rest.