Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Vectra C mod on 97 X20XEV

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    Nas771's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Vectra C mod on 97 X20XEV

    Hi all im just wondering, would my 97 p plate Astra sport 2.0xev benefit from this modification, also can i source parts from elsewhere other than main dealers? Thanks in advance, N
    MK3 Astra Sport XE : 17 SpeedLines : GSI Goodies :

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    autoSRI's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    all astras seem to benifit from it to be honest its not worth the agro looking i think i costs about 13quid

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    Nas771's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by autoSRI View Post
    all astras seem to benifit from it to be honest its not worth the agro looking i think i costs about 13quid
    Ok, i will go ahead with this then, im guessing its pretty simple enough to fit?
    MK3 Astra Sport XE : 17 SpeedLines : GSI Goodies :

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    autoSRI's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    easy to fit but prepair to loose the skin from your nuckles are you doing the other two mods that are usualy done at the same time

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    Coo's Avatar
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    25,105
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Main dealers are most reasonably priced for a new item....regal sell an extremely similar pip for around £50 !

    Alternatively scrappies may charge a fiver ??

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    autoSRI's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    50 quid i guess thats the dbilas usual ripoff price

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    Nas771's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by autoSRI View Post
    easy to fit but prepair to loose the skin from your nuckles are you doing the other two mods that are usualy done at the same time
    Thats alrite, dont mind a bit of grazing lol..Sorry im pretty new to the vauxhall scene, explain the other two mods as i do want the best out of the x20xev!!
    MK3 Astra Sport XE : 17 SpeedLines : GSI Goodies :

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    jam's Avatar
    AOC Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tamworth, Staffordshire
    Posts
    11,695
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    The other 2 mods will be replacing the standard panel filter with a K&N panel filter or the likes of anyway. Then de-restricting the air box. This involves removing 2 reducer pipes from inside the airbox to maximise the intakes thus stopping it from restricting the airflow. Very easy to do 10mins job absolute max. Christ I've fitted veccy C intakes and derestricted boxes in car parks before. lol
    Its a jam thing

    Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?



  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    Nas771's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    The other 2 mods will be replacing the standard panel filter with a K&N panel filter or the likes of anyway. Then de-restricting the air box. This involves removing 2 reducer pipes from inside the airbox to maximise the intakes thus stopping it from restricting the airflow. Very easy to do 10mins job absolute max. Christ I've fitted veccy C intakes and derestricted boxes in car parks before. lol
    Ok nice one buddy, i think im pretty much clued up on this now, i will do this quite possibly at the weekend. At a later date i will get a decent exhaust system plumbed in too to help release a few more vocals from the engine lol. Thanks for the help people!! :thumb:
    MK3 Astra Sport XE : 17 SpeedLines : GSI Goodies :

Similar Threads

  1. is the cam from a eco tec x20xev vectra the right inlet cam for z20let gsi?
    By mattpickin in forum Turbo Petrol Engines inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14-11-2011, 12:27
  2. 99 Vectra X20XEV Gasket question
    By IainL in forum Car Chat (other marques/models)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-12-2008, 17:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •