Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking Just got a MK 5

Hey all,

It's been ages since i was last on and posted something up. For the last few years i had to go back to driving arround in a Corsa C which, while it was a great car and never missed a beat for me, was just on the small side (a 1.2 engine will do that to you).

So, after much searching i have managed to secure and took collection (today) of my new Astra H.

Car info...
    05 Sports Hatch 1.8 16v SRI. All the usual trimmings etc puls a hole lot more just fitted or pening fitting (Went a bit daft buying things for it without even taking collection of the car!)

Was looking for some advice from all the people out there with the knowledge...

1. There is what looks like a very large rubber romet at the back side of the engine bay on the right (facing the front of the car) which has the main power cables running through it. Is this the best place to run the feed for my sub from the engine bay?
    2. I have downloaded and am ready to fit my Sony head unit using the tech spec info sheet (top marks to the person that put it together). I noticed that there was nothing said about the remote stearing wheel controls for the stereo. Can you get an adapter to fit this and if so what is the wiring information i need to do this?
    3. I did not get a code number for the car radio. Is this because the radio is linked to the car only as discribed ion the fiutting instructions.
    4. Does that airbox mods work on the H as you could do in the G (removing the restricting pipes inside of the air box to allow for better circualtion)?
    5. What exhausts have you got on your H's and where did you source them? I would be looking for something with a noticible sound but not deafaning which a simple oval tail pipe (any help on this would be great).
    6. Any other sugestions for what i can do to my H on a reasonable budget that doesn't involve new wheels and a larey body kit?

Thanks in advance for the advice and it's dam good to be back!

Colin

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    first off welcome to the site and great choice in motor.

Theres is masive amount of body kit options for the H, and with vauxhall offering a 19" wheel option as standard theres plenty of scope for big wheels if wanted

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Hey welcome colin.

Steering wheel adapters will be available from Halfords mate. As for exhausts theres plenty to choose from what are you looking for. Top quality or something loud and larey?

Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    Top quality or something loud and larey?
    Why not both?
    Sam Fishlock
    Gentle Detail