Thread: Wheels

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wheels

OK, i'm ordering some wheels on monday. Just wondering if anyone knows exactly the what the spacing on the 4 stud astras? i thought it was 110mm. Also what do u all think: 17s and a 60/40 drop or 18s and a 35/35 drop. I still have to lug around alot of music gear so cant go to low lol

Thanks guys,

Jason
    www.bansheemotorsport.co.uk
    Sitting on 18s and a 50mm drop 888 Sparco interior. Tints, and body mods on the way!
    Project 35% complete.
    www.myspace.com/toupe - Check us out out!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Vauxhall 4-stud is usually 100mm.
    Maintains:- Vectra Design 1.9CDTi
    Drives :- Hyundai Santa Fe

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    I'd recommend sticking with 16's and 50/30 if your lugging around gear and up and down kerbs. I'm on 15's and don't have a problem with my 50/30 drop. But if you so have to then I'd recommend 17's and get a large profile to cushion you otherwise the ride may not be to your liking especially with music gear in the back as well. 50/30 I'd go absolute max.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The PCD question has already been answered but remember the all important offset as well.

Check out this link for more details on wheel diameter/width and their respective offsets.

As for lowering Id say a simple 40mm drop all round is max youd want to go on either 17s or 18s seeing as u regularly carry gear.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Don't forget to ask about spigot rings as well when you order, your wheel supplier will know what they are.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.