Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up New Alpine - iPod model

Shamelessly pinched from www.talkaudio.co.uk

Alpine Electronics UK has released details of its new iDA-X001 head unit to the trade this week.

Designed for those who seldom travel without their iPod, the iDA-X001 is a standard-size head unit with an AM/FM tuner and extensive iPod integration; there's no CD/DVD slot nor an auxiliary input jack. Instead, the iDA-X001 features extensive iPod integration, with a 320x240 pixel TFT display and large dial for controlling the iPod.

The iDA-X001 features a dedicated USB iPod dock connector cable in the rear of the unit, designed with the glove compartment in mind so that users can keep their iPod tucked away and charged while also enjoying an all-digital audio connection.

The iDA-X001's display duplicates the iPod's menu system (Artists, Albums, Podcasts, Genres, Composers, etc.) and can display the currently playing track's information or just the artwork. .

The iDA-X001 uses iPod’s USB connection not only for fast music access, but it also receives pure digital music information right from the iPod and sends it through the iDA-X001’s built-in 24-Bit Burr Brown digital sound converter. This ensures you get your music playback in its best sound and purist form. Hear the difference playing iTunes® lossless AAC files.

At present, only the fifth-generation iPod is fully supported with the USB connection, but Alpine expects the iPod nano to be supported in the near future with a firmware update from Apple. Other iPods will be supported with Alpine's Full Seed iPod cable, sold separately for about £20, although that connection is not digital.

The iDA-X001 will be available in the UK this spring for around £300

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Alpine actually started holding roadshows for the trade in the UK 3 weeks ago where they highlighted the products due this year and even demonstrated a few. But all the stuff was released at CES with this unit being in there new demo car.

The unit was designed with the help of Apple and techincally takes ipod control to another level. I had a play with some of the new stuff last week, on my wee trip,and there are some nice things due to be released from Alpine.

A few highlights:

-All models feature IPOD control built in.
    -Most models have steering wheel interface built in for older analogue steering wheel controls(Non CANBUS models)
    -New Double din headunit to work alongside current models
    -software revisions for the F1
    -New X type subwoofers and X type speakers
    -Redesigned Type R componenets
    -The V series amps have been dropped and the PDX series is expanded.
    -Full bluetooth control on the new models requires the KCA-300BT
    -New processors for OEM integration (excellent bit of kit and IMHO knocks -the Cleansweep and the RF 360 off there perch)
    -New Cheaper DVB-T processor to go alongside current model
    -New screens (8" and 6.52)
    -3 new rear view cameras
    - New some new models have new built in processor (name eludes me at present)
    - Display/steering wheel control adapter for Astra
    -Blackbird finally released
    -Second blackbird model released (for states only)

As I said a few of the highlights, my literature pack that I received was scarry as I have never had one so big from Alpine before

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jaw dropping :O

Personally think it is a bit expensive though.
    Hope the £300 is just an RRP from Alpine, not actual retail price.
    Astra Coupe Turbo Project Log KW var2, BK299, Apexi, HID, Angel, Leather Cobra, Phoenix Gold, GT/R2, Fluted, DV26D, Pre/Sports/Catback, CarPC, B&M, VXR Turbo, Tarox-10, Phase 3! Car is for sale!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ohh I'd heard about this last week but hadn't seen it, very cool looking.

Basil - I've heard March time for the Blackbird...is this correct or is there still issues to be sorted out?
    LM Audio - Knebworth Herts - 01438 812444

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    About mid to late March I have been told. But having said that the pre-prod version I had a go with seemed to be ready to ship and was told that the software it was running was the finished article, so probably more a case of when the stock arrives from the factory. Having said that though the Version2 one is nicer looking but was just a mockup model, but was told no where near ready for the European market as yet.

Me personally I have the DVD navi set aside for my car now as the Blackbird was delayed far too much and I have a Garmin Nuvi for when I travel, so getting one is not necessary anymore. The navi is one of a number of items lined up to be going in to the VXR at some point hopefully when I get back refreshed from my break next weekend.