Thread: Finally Got My Phase 1

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking Finally Got My Phase 1

Well me and the girlfriend got up early yesturday and drove the 100 odd miles down to regal.
    Arrived on time and as promised my gsi was remapped with the phase 1 software. Had pre and post readouts done. Car was 218BHP STANDARD with 216.8lbft. Its now a healthy 237 with 270lbft. And they said if i use shell vpower from now on( was remapped on tesco 99) i could make 240bhp and 275lbft. Needless to say i had a fundrive home. My boost dips mid range tho, and this was apparent on the first run with the car standard. Guy said it could be my actuator?? What exactly is an actuator then. can i change just that or is is part of a new turbo? easy job?

I must say at 90mph, putting foot to floor, it pulls like im in 3rd. It brilliant.

This is the only mod i have. Nothing else.

All that remains is can i be strong enoughto resist a phase 2 later in the year lol.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sounds good,
    you can just change the acuator iirc as you can buy different ones, i think courtneay sell them,

also, just out of intrest how much did regal charge for the map with pre and post figures? when i asked once they wanted like £590 odd for the map and £80 for each RR reading.....
    Drives - 08 Astra SRi XP 1.9CDTi 150

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like decent figures there mate, phase one is great fun but you'll soon want more

BTW if you want an actuator i have a uprated one for sale, i ran it on phase one and it does hold boost better. PM me if interested
    Astra Gsi Turbo... With a few choice mods

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I paid £545 all in. £81 went striaght to government for the privilige.

Anyway does anybody else experience alot of wheel spin? I thought 1st and 2nd gear were supposed to be limited to 0.5 boost, but i think its using all of it. not sure.