Thread: lowering gsi and wheels

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lowering gsi and wheels

i want to lower my zafira gsi and change the wheels, anyone now what lowering kits are available for the gsi and where to get them from , and what size wheels can be put on once it has been lowered any info will be much appreciated.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    All depends on your budget. If you want a first class set up with no side effects, then the Bilstein dampers and Eibach springs are your best bet. I bought these from Courtenay who I have used for years, but they can also be bought from LMF.

You should be looking at about £130n for the springs and about £400/£450 for the dampers,but they are top notch.

Depending on the use of your Zafira, I would always be wary of lowering it. If you never use it to it's full capacity then lowering will be OK.

Regarding wheels, again it depends on what you want. The Astra G 7.5 x 18" 11 spokes from Vauxhall are ET45 and with 225 40 18" tyres will offer no side effects at all, even with a 20-30mm drop they should be OK.

I ran these wheels with Bilstein dampers (standard spings) and towed with it as well, all was fine.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    i got the fk coilover kit (konigsport) expensive at £700+ but i planned for the future as i wanted:-
    1, a real low look for the bus.
    2, flexability in future in case i wanted to fit bigger rims (which i am)
    3, a tweekable set up so i can set it up for the best balance in ridgidity and handling.

all that said the kit has been on for nigh on 2 years now and it still needs to be set up properly (corner weighed etc)

you really need to sit down and think of what plans you have for the bus and have a realistic budget then stick to it. my tupney worth.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I use Bilsteins and Eibach rear spring, but I had the Eibach Zafira front spring on and found it too low and reduced travel, hitting shocker bump stops. I then fitted the Eibach Astra diesel front spring which is exactly the same as the Zafira exept for 15mm free length increase. Results in an even height front and rear and less likely to hit the bump stops. The front is now not much lower than standard but lower rear ,doesnt have as much of the nose down look

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddycool
    I use Bilsteins and Eibach rear spring, but I had the Eibach Zafira front spring on and found it too low and reduced travel, hitting shocker bump stops. I then fitted the Eibach Astra diesel front spring which is exactly the same as the Zafira exept for 15mm free length increase. Results in an even height front and rear and less likely to hit the bump stops. The front is now not much lower than standard but lower rear ,doesnt have as much of the nose down look
    good advice, but how well does it cope with putting power down? does it spin the wheels easy cos mine is doing it in 3rd ATM.

not an argument just thinking of how stiff the front end is. mine on coilovers is set to rock hard and going round the twisties it will even try and spin the wheels in 4th.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mystery Machine - Would you be so kind as to put a few pictures of your car up, im debating on the FK Coilovers looked at the High-Sport but not sure, was going to keep my standard 17" Snowflakes for now drop it then like u say if i put bigger wheels on in the future its easy to adjust accordingly. And im aslo planning a Quaife Diff so it dnt spin as much when i get CS3 or 4 and will put some of the power down lol

And also how difficult/time consuming is it to adjust the coilovers.

Thanks,

Stu

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    no problems....

as for how easy are they to adjust...... i have no idea as i never had too, this was how it sat the day they were fitted.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Does look the biz lowered like that, but the underside of my Zaf wouldn't last 5 minutes that low with some of the roads round my way

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattS
    All depends on your budget. If you want a first class set up with no side effects, then the Bilstein dampers and Eibach springs are your best bet. I bought these from Courtenay who I have used for years, but they can also be bought from LMF.

I have the same set up , the Bilstien dampers are shortened. I love it. was told this setup was no good.
    Audi B5 RS4 Quattro 451bhp. 479lb/ft

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mystery Machine -- Looks very nice think i will go for that kit then FK Konig Sport wasnt it, looks very nice is it a 60mm drop. Do u have many problems with speed humps or do u just avoid them? I have loads near where i live and on my Old car i went through 2 back bumpers and a set of side skirts because of them, although now they have opend a road with no humps on it just have to go 2-3 miles outta my way to use that road to get home lol.

Thanks

Stu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast