Thread: Quick question

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quick question

Would it be a problem to lower the astra 50/30 (Eibach Pro Springs) and just keep the standard shocks with 205/40/17 rims?

The car has done over 80k so would it be advisable to get the full suspension kit done or am i safe with just the srpings, I could go 30/30 if need be.

Cheers in advance.
    1999 Mk4 Astra 1.8 16v Sport - Piper Cat Back Exhaust System - Closed Carbon Fibre Induction System - Irmscher Grille - ECU Remap - 17" Wolfrace Katanas - Silver Interior

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you'll be safe with 30/30 but 50/30 would probs be pushing the fronts to their limits. OE shockers can really only go up to a 40mm drop - anything more and they'll probs die after a couple of months.

If a 30mm drop all round aint ur thing (which I can understand cos its a bit small) then you're only real option is to get a fully matched kit.

Prices range from £180 upwards depending on badge snobbery etc with coilovers at approx £350+.

Personally Id advise a full kit seeing as ur current shocks will probably be past their best anyway. Theres plenty quality kits around in the budget sector too - just cos they aint got Eibach or Koni stamped on em - dont mean they are any lesser quality. Let me know if ur interested in a cheaper kit and I'll send ya some dtls.

Hope this helps

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes please, I've had a scout around and I've seen kits for around £180 like you said, with around £60 for fitting.

If you could forward me some details of places it would be much appreciated. Its all about the money though, but seen as my car has done a few miles it probably would be best to upgrade the lot!

Cheers!
    1999 Mk4 Astra 1.8 16v Sport - Piper Cat Back Exhaust System - Closed Carbon Fibre Induction System - Irmscher Grille - ECU Remap - 17" Wolfrace Katanas - Silver Interior