Thread: mk4 1.6 8v exhaust??

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mk4 1.6 8v exhaust??

can i draw on some peoples knowledge please!
    as i only have a 1.6 8v, i dont want a big loud exhaust. would fitting a irmscher backbox (qite like a twin 2") make a sound difference? if so can anyone surgest a quiet one!
    or is there any exhaust systems (centre pipe i think its called ect) that would be queit most of the time and perks up a bit when u put ure foot down?
    thanks if u understand my rambling
    aaron

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok irmy box are excellent to go for but the mid section of the exhaust is needed to have resonator to keep the sound even better not too loud and eats the burbbling sound away

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im in same boat i have a leximal back box with no noice watsoever so i have bought a bit of ebay a remus center section i was told this will improve my noice as i want a little but not to much!!
    astra sxi 5 door (family car) front spliter,leximall back box,new stuff cuming colour coded irmy grille and new smoked headlights!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Irmscher backbox is total crap if u want sound - afterall its just a bog standard exhaust with a fancy tip fitted as an optional extra.

If u just want a nice rumble then get a back box only.

If u want a bit more grunt then get a cat-back system. [a new centre section (with or without a silencer) and a back box]

Nowt wrong with the 8v motor - whack on an induction kit, a straight thru centre section and a decent back box and it'll sound perfect.

I know....Ive got one!

To answer ur original question about having it quiet most of the time and just come to life when u boot it...then the simple and cheap answer is just get a quality performance backbox. Theres loads in the market place and u can get new ones from as little as £80 upwards.

Good luck and keep us posted

**PS for those who think the Remus centre section is quiet!!! Then think again. Its loud as F**K - Im guessing whoever told u it was quiet must have been running a crappy rear section like a standard Irmscher one. Fit a remus with a quality rear box and it'll be massively loud..... not loud as in Saxo 1.1s running 5" exhausts loud...but a nice loud if ya get me