Thread: vxr amm vs z20let amm

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

vxr afm vs z20let afm

not sure but i think my afm is gone and was wondering is it better to go for the vxr one or get a standard z20let one , and will it fit straight on

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you need to get different size hoses with the vxr one too, i think theyre 80mm you need as the afm is a bit bigger.

Also, i think(but not 100% sure) you need a remap if you put the vxr one on, but may be thinking about something else, so hopefully someone will clarify it.

If you can afford the above extras, def go for it, as its a worthy upgrade
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The VXR one needs tweaks to the software to use it. Its also 80mm compared to the 70mm of the standard let one

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can you use the VXR housing, and put the Z20LET sensor in? (If they can be disassembled.)
    Astra Coupe Turbo Project Log KW var2, BK299, Apexi, HID, Angel, Leather Cobra, Phoenix Gold, GT/R2, Fluted, DV26D, Pre/Sports/Catback, CarPC, B&M, VXR Turbo, Tarox-10, Phase 3! Car is for sale!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wywywywy
    Can you use the VXR housing, and put the Z20LET sensor in? (If they can be disassembled.)
    Wouldn't of thought so, it will probably not work properly due to the increased airflow compared to the smaller 70mm housing that it should be fitted in. It would possibly confuse the ecu.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by montyfox
    Wouldn't of thought so, it will probably not work properly due to the increased airflow compared to the smaller 70mm housing that it should be fitted in. It would possibly confuse the ecu.
    Surely thats the case then if you fit a induction kit? I cann't see it being that huge a difference to the ecu swapping the cases over. Would love someone to quote the exact parts of the software that get changed to prove me wrong though

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you cant sawp out the eliment of the 70 for the 80mm version. you have to rember this is the way the engine know how much air is going into it. therfore if you bbypass this you are infact letting more air into the engine that whjat it thinks is getting in there. this leads to running lead and dept., melted pistons and bust head gaskets!

if you want to sawp to the 80mm version then its really better the get the thing remapped with it!

you have to remeber that ITS ALL IN THE TUNE!!!!! this is for both safety and power!

thanks Chris.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It wont work without a remap...

I spoke to courtenay about it and they only have the map for their CS4 but would develop it for their other tunes if someone wanted the AFM installed. If I start to get problems with mine i'll probably go for it.
    Arden Astra GSI - Phase 3.5

EDS Phase 3.5 288 BHP 340 FT/LB

Inlet cam and Dbilas manifold.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    of course i would say just get rid of it all together and run speed density tune!

then you can run as big pipe as you want to the trubo!

Chris.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Without a map it wont work, I tried this when the VXR first came out, worthwhile if yourr going for more power though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast