Thread: Gregg's Astra SRI 2.0

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool Gregg's Astra SRI 2.0

Bought the car back in July 2006 off my girlfriends dad was up for 3349 got it for 2750 which I was happy at.
    Had cambelt and waterpump replaced before I received the car just incase any problems arose.

Here is a pic of the day I had the car.

As you can see nothing special just a stock 2.0 SRI but I was happy with my choice and was grinning for some time

After about 5 days of owning the car I had purchased a slatted grille and some 40mm lowering springs. They were fitted without hesitation shortly after I had some tinted rear lights so the rear end looked a bit more modern

Around October I bought a rather nice DVD head unit. Since this picture I have now got it fitted much more flush to the rest of the centre console

And the car stood like this. Which I was happy with until early December 2006

But as we all know, however much you think your cars complete it never really is.

So early December 2006 I purchased some Bk racing 17” alloys in a chrome finish, know you may like them but I didn’t so they were sold after around 3 weeks of having them, Nice waste of money there L

After the sale of the chrome alloys I said to myself, parents, girlfriend and some users of astrasport that I wouldn’t be buying another set.

9 days after the sale of the chrome alloys I found myself purchasing some dark anthracite alloys personally feel along with lowering this is the biggest improvement to my astra it looks mean and moody

Plans for the future, debadge the rear end fit some darker headlights and some engine work also.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok so alli need to do is add the pics but i have now got darker headlghts on the angel variety and also no badges on the rear boot pics coming soon

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Next up is trimmed number plates i felt my car was starting to look agressivebut the numberplates where letting it down so i trimmed them down to give the car a more overal meaner look

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Interior wise i have been adding items as ive gone along, this picture will hopefully show some black and red stiched gaitors, my centre console armrest and richbrook surround also

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Another set of rims how long will these last i wonder

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    One motion picture from way home after PVS which i rather like

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes Gregg once again has changed his rims, however i think i like these ones ::crazy::

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well not gave it a good clean since start of June, have swopped my wheels back after the Turbo ones were very wobbly even after a balance. Also had a crash where someone drove in to me a drove off, so thats all repaired now (drivers side)
    it is currently up for sale but not had one bloomin offer for it yet So thought id treat it to a clean as it looks like its gonna be staying

Picture of my moms car and the phone that took the pics LOL

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well after 14 months of ownership the astra has now gone .

Moved on to a Vectra C sri now thanks for taking the time to view my diary.

Gregg