Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got any experience with cocaine?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone got any experience with cocaine?

This is not about me... so dont get your panties in a twist.

I have a friend who i recently found out he did coke not long ago, i dont know how much and i dont know why he did it, but i will present some information to you and tell me if you think im overreacting.

Okay:

Last month, he was skint, he had no money for all of january, his reasoning being he blew it all at christmas getting wasted - told me it was just drink he bought - i beleived him. so he had no money last month.

he got paid circa 8 days ago - he texts me tonight saying he has no money, had car tax to pay for 12 months, and loans to give his parents...

he drives a 1.4 car tax would be - if the same as my 1.6 8v astra - around £165 - about 10% of his paycheck. loan wise, i have no idea what he borrowed, but i know he got the "so called" loan from his mom, and i doubt his mom is gonna give him stupid amounts of money, now he tells me he has £25 per week left until he gets paid.

am i being over-reacting in thinking that he blew the rest on coke, is a coke habit going to kick in shortly after taking coke for the first time? i dont know, ive never touched the stuff, but i dont hang around with the people he does, so i dont know if he is doing it regular.

he does go out with this crowd an awful lot, and i dont know how often he is taking it, if at all... one thing i do beleive is that he doesnt drink and drive, so i doubt he would take drugs and drive, although he has seemed to change the past couple of months anyways, so i dont know...

anyone with experience (friend, family, yourself being an addict/ex-addict), after seeing what ive written, does this sound like the type of thing someone who recently got into the drug would do?

I have had a dabble in the green stuff before now, but its something i did once or twice when i was younger and it never went any further, i know this started off as a bit of green with some mates, and im not one to hang round with the people he has recently become aquainted with (dole dossers who spend every waking hour in the pub/house parties/ houses doing weed and getting drunk)

any opinions?

ive tried to keep as much information about who he is to myself as i dont wanna hurt anything or anyone by asking the question.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was once seeing someone who I found out was taking 'E' and then this stemmed into them spending all their spare cash on 'E' and fags etc then it expanded into Cocaine too.

It is an addiction that makes them want more and to take it more often etc.

I ended it all soon after I found out so cant be of more help.

Basically it becomes their life, they need it, if they cant get it then either borrow money or sell stuff to get the cash. If all else fails they'll steal.

It's an addiction like fags, alcohol etc
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    see, i smoke, so i know addiction, but i wouldnt sell mys hit to buy a pack of fags, if i dont have money i dont have fags until i get paid, simple, but i know everyone isnt like me, and some addictions are stronger than others.

Im seeing him tonight, i might just ask him flat out.

at the end of the day, im worried forhis well-being, and i cant be having someone who is going to start getting more and more unreliable ruining something thats good in my life.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    to do serious harm with coke you need to spend a fortune. thats why its so expensive as it has no majour side affects like pills or other class A drugs. all the rich and famous have expensive colds. if its a dabble every now and then its no biggie but a few of my pals from school look like crap from doing a few grams a day now.

thats my experience with the drug anyway from what i have seen.

talk to frank

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can't just categorise things like that. Every person is different, some can quite happily just have a bit now and then without 'needing' it. Does your mate have an addictive personnality? Just ask him, tell him you are concerned. End of the day it's his life, don't pressure him just let him know you care.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    to spend as much as your letting on he would would most likly have been doing it for sometime. that although doesnt mean he is an addict, drugs are complicated depending on the persons circumstances and so on

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Coke's a funny thing as it is (very) addictive, but there are no signs so to to speak of. But as said it will depend on the individual as to the level of the addiction

Having said that, given the amount of cash he seems to be getting through, it looks like he's got a problem with it, or at least on the way to having one

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    id tell him to stop being such a retard and spend his time and money on self improvement rather than escaping from reality.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know a few people who do drugs, from the minor stuff right up to the big stuff... i think they're all wasters... If you need Drugs to enjoy life then you must be a really sad person. Some people have to get drugs for medical reasons, to survive... people who take drugs for the sake of it should be thankful that they don't need them. Drugs destroy peoples lives.
    Leave No Man Behind.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyG
    id tell him to stop being such a retard and spend his time and money on self improvement rather than escaping from reality.
    yeah, that'd work i think not, the worst thing ever is one of your friends/peers trying to advise you on something they know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by sjj84
    You can't just categorise things like that. Every person is different, some can quite happily just have a bit now and then without 'needing' it. Does your mate have an addictive personnality? Just ask him, tell him you are concerned. End of the day it's his life, don't pressure him just let him know you care.
    couuld not have put it better, it's a judgement call, and believe me the offensive approach does not work
    25 Year old Gte restoration................Started!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast