Thread: Boot leak

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Boot leak

At first, I thought it was getting through the rubber conduit on the left side of the boot, but that is completely sealed and water is still getting in It is forming around the recess where the jack sits, and it’s also finding its way down the column above the rear seats. Anyone know how I can find out where it is coming from? or where i can take it to get it looked at. Also any idea how much Vxl would charge?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone ?

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    erm...if it's not the seals - then maybe some drain channels are blocked....
    although I though the rain runs down the outside of the boot seal...

Phone your local vxl place up and ask if they charge for finding the fault - some may do it for free if they get work out of it...

or use the dumb female trick and get a nice lady to go in and ask about it..

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the same problem with my 3dr hatch.
    The seals on BOTH the rear windows leaked at the top and water got into the interior and ran down the rear column and leaked into the boot around the jack recess. I sorted it by removing the rear windows completely, cleaning up the original seal and added a bead of black window silicone. The problem is now fixed and I no longer get steamed up on cold mornings. Also mine leaked on the rubber conduit on the left of the boot. It did look like it was sealing properly but when I ran some water down the drain channel I was proved wrong! This was solved using an O ring in the recess of the rubber conduit, which requires you to remove the internal wiring and run it up so you dont have to cut and glue the ring, altho you could remove the wiring since you have to remove most of the surrounding interior fixtures its not much work extra to do. All in all the job took me 3hours and I didnt use a Haynes manual! If you want to see where the water is comming in take out the interior fixtures around the window and spray water on the exterior of the window and you'll see where the problem is, this is how I found out.

Click link to thread I originally posted
    http://www.m1gst.com/vb/showthread.php?t=85554

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tnx Zoots you was spot on! Pulled out the interior got my m8 to poor water over the window, and i got soaked on the inside! Re done the seal so hopefully its ok now. Thanks again.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No problems Ricky-SRI. If you havent, I would check the otherside. I did and sure enough that window leaked aswell.