Thread: Computer help please

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Computer help please

Can anyone help, you're all usually good at this sort of thing.

It started a while back when firefox would just keep shutting down, so I installed the new IE and have been using this, but now my MSN keeps closing, and sometimes even IE. I went to use spybot, but it scanned for abit and then closed. So I then tried to do a full system scan on Norton (or even any other scan) but it would just come up with an error. So I've got no way or seeing if theres a virus on here or not.

What can I do?

Thanks

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Start the computer in SafeMode and scan it then with Norton and Spybot ( make sure they are updated first )... Here is how to get the computer into safemode - http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#02

Safemode looks strange but dont worry.. when you restart the pc it will be back to normal.
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    add me on msn i have just wrore a long message for you but hit backspace and lost it. sure i can help you with some advise which shoudl reslove this. danny.chappo@hotmail.co.uk

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Han you have my number.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your replies. Well I put it in safe mode and checked for viruses and all that came up was a couple of pieces of spyware which I got rid of. But its still closing everything, especially Internet Explorer (so it obviously wasnt just firefox). Its coming up saying that its failing it initialise or something. Its really doing my head it, it must have closed IE about 6 times in an hour and windows media player once.

Going to buy a new computer i think when I get paid, cos I'm sick of having to spend my evenings working out whats wrong with it. It's a piece of shit anyway. Can anyone help me in the mean time? I'm slowly losing the will to live.

I won't text you Jam cos your not online and I don't want to disturb you, and anyway sploodge is online, so he might help me.

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Talking you through a lot of stuff could take yonks without having a look so if you want you can request remote assistance http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ist/viaim.mspx if you have broadband and XP..

I will take control and have a peek for you... I have helped a few off here like this so you can trust me

Anyways, my MSN for remote assistance is sploodge_uk@msn.com - just click the above link and follow the guide... Its sometimes wont work due to certain setups but might as well give it a go...
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    computer says no