Thread: Steve Flatley's Linea Rossa Convertible Turbo

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Steve Flatley's Linea Rossa Convertible Turbo

After my old astra went bang I toyed with getting a convertible and my mind soon became fixed on the idea again. I decided that a 1.8 would probably be the best way forward as it'd keep petrol costs nice and low but that soon went out of the window when people told me that "turbos aren't much more than 1.8s to run". That was all I needed realy, whether it was true or not, but the problem was that there were no really nice convertible turbos around that fitted my price bracket.

And then.... Gnasher put his wife's up for sale on here in the hope that it would go to an AS member rather than the evil Vauxhall dealer who was offering a pathetic trade-in value.

It seemed to take ages to sell the Leon but once it was gone I was straight on the train to Lincoln (which took around 3.5 hours) to collect the cabrio. It looked even better than in the picutres and seemed to have been really well looked after. It'd also had a new turbo fitted under warranty just days before i picked it up.

An added bonus was that it was not only a Linea Rossa Convertible but was also a turbo... a combination which I've never seen before.

I'm planning to keep it fairly standard for the moment but I've begun stockpiling some parts for next year (or whenever I have some money!)

Anyway, here are some pictures of how it stands now (I should add that I didnt take them... credit to that goes to Benn from MIG):

Nova Merit: 2000-2003 // Irmschered Astra SRi: 2003-2005 // Leon Cupra R: 2005 - 2006 // Linea Rossa Convertible Turbo: 2006-2008 // BMW 840Ci: 2008 - 2012

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Well I sold the astra last weekend after 2 years of happy ownership.

The car remained pretty much unchanged with the exception of a GSi bumper.

Here are some pics from the for sale ad:

Nova Merit: 2000-2003 // Irmschered Astra SRi: 2003-2005 // Leon Cupra R: 2005 - 2006 // Linea Rossa Convertible Turbo: 2006-2008 // BMW 840Ci: 2008 - 2012