Thread: Boost Guage Lighting

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Boost Guage Lighting

Anyone got any tips on easy connections for a boost guage lighting. I need an earth, perminant live and a feed from the dash lights. I know it's only 3 wires but I'd like to be able to connect it without taking half the dash apart. Was thinking of using the illumination from the cigarette lighted as a light feed since it works with the dimmer but can't see an easy way to get at it. Any advice greatly received.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    done mine from there and easy but depends where ya mounted boost gauge really i got the earth from there light live as i only needed them the cig and ash tray come out really easy, 1 torx screw under neath and pull it down
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsi-jay
    done mine from there and easy but depends where ya mounted boost gauge really i got the earth from there light live as i only needed them the cig and ash tray come out really easy, 1 torx screw under neath and pull it down
    Guage is on top of the dash (rhs), didn't realise the ashtray and lighter would come away by themselves with one screw. Will have a look at it tomorrow. Thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yer roughly in the middle under ash tray is a torx screw and then it clips up into the heater part might be a bit tough getting out as prob not been out b4 so might mean pulling it towards you but it wont break any probs let me know il take some pics 4 ya m8 you will have earth there ( brown) ignition live (black) and a grey with a green trace (lights) and yes it will dim wiv the dash lights

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks again gsi-jay, your info is a big help. I'll hopefully get a chance to commence battle tomorrow night.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    gsi-jay, you say just pull down hard on the ashtray assembly? I tried this ages ago and it would not budge!
    Is this deffo how to remove it cos if it is I will go out and have another tug at it now.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i did mine from the switch for the lights just pulled out the switch and connected the wires up (sorry cant remember which colour is what but with a volt/multi meter it is easy to find out)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    definatly how it comes down there is 2 lugs that go into clips in the hearter section i will get some pics and send them tomoz

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsi-jay
    definatly how it comes down there is 2 lugs that go into clips in the hearter section i will get some pics and send them tomoz

Rght ho, I'm going to have a bash now.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    make sure ya take the screw out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there are 3 clips 1 each end and 1 in the middle i just looked on a spare heater section i have

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast