Thread: Astra SXI Wheels?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Astra SXI Wheels?

looking to change my wheels when i do the brakes and bearings but just wondered if its worth selling the standard ones on it or keeping them? there the standard SXI wheels 16's. also without being too pricey what is a good replacement prob look at 17's ideally then drop it on its AR** with a 50/30 Drop??
    Astra G SXI, Tints, Remus centre, twin backbox, Autoclosure, Rainbow dash LED's, debadged. POWER!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    anybody :-(
    Astra G SXI, Tints, Remus centre, twin backbox, Autoclosure, Rainbow dash LED's, debadged. POWER!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    seeing as ur current rims are 16s Id say keep em. Lower the car as u see fit and see what u reckon then. See how it looks and handles and then decide if u reallyneed bigger rims.

If u want to sell them it all depends on whether they are 4 or 5 stud. You'll probs get more if they're 4 as they will appeal to the corsa and nova brigade who want to upgrade to 16s etc. 5 stud owners will probs want 17s or so and therefore wont want to buy OE 16s.

Personally I say keep em and drop it on its arse. 50/30 would be good although I prefer the rear to be a bit lower. 50/30 certainly has a good rating on here.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    there the 4 stud which is why its tempting to sell them, but like you say there already a decent size so im just too confused lol cos in all honesty they dont really "look" the part but there better than others... ahhh what to do lol

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I sold my 16's and bought some Veccy 17's and some tyres for almost the same as I sold the 16's
    0-60 in 6.5 secs and 48mpg- winner!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    thats what i was thinking Teejay as i dont have the hard ready cash for some new rims so am thinking could sell mine and get the new ones on it with the money id get for them, out of intrest what did you get for them? and which ones were they?

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the 16" SRi twin spokes. They were 5 stud and got £100 for them with pretty good tyres - to a member on here. 4 stud's with semi-good tyres should go for £150-200 if you find the right audience.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    there all in goodish nick apart from the odd part where the other half has touched the kirb, and 2 of them have or will have 2 new tyres the other 2 have more than half left on them yet, what would you say was a good replacement, cheap as poss but looking good and with tyres?

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Any 4 stud Vx rims will fit, but you'll struggle to find OE rims with 4 stud that are any bigger than 16's. Which means you're into after-market rims and thinking about offset/pcd and tyres sizes.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    you reckon its worth keeping them for now then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast