Thread: Get your head around this!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Get your head around this!

Right guys, im within a couple of weeks of finally getting my long awaited Regal phase 1 remap. Ive done extensive research into who gives what gains and prices etc and regal seem to be best, as they are closest. Now, just one final question,

As this EDS software will be loaded onto my ECU, will this show up if a Tech 2 was ever connected? Basically im not telling my insurance company and to my knowledge, they will never know, even if i crash. As to look in the engine bay, it will be totally standard. Im just wondering if it would flag up on tech 2? That would be the only way i can think of, of them finding out??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    unless its a new car how was u to know it had it on wen u bought it?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Theres nothing in the engine bay to tell if a cars remapped as all your doing is changing the settings on the ECU. It wont show up on Tech2 either unless someone checks boost levels (not exactly likely). The only map Ive ever had which would flag any sort of issue on tech 2 was the EDS on my Zafira and that was only because when you put tech 2 on it flagged it as an Astra rather than a Zafira, you have nothing at all to worry about.