Thread: Whats the score with Visa;s....as in the visitng the country type

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whats the score with Visa;s....as in the visitng the country type

Right looking for a bit of info on visas, not the credit card type but the visiting the coutnry type. Had a quick look on google but wasnt greatly brilliant. Whats the script when it comes to going to the likes of Russia etc. do you just fill them in when you reach the border or do you have to fill them out or apply for them in advance and presumably you will require a seperate one for each country you visit out with the EU? Any info appreciated.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    right, ive been told (im not 100% sure) that if your visiting anywhere in the EU then you dont need a visa, if your visiting places outside the EU then you apply for one over in that country. my mate flew over to america and when he reached the airport all he had to do is go over to a desk get a card, sign it, tick some boxes saying he wasnt a smuggle or a drug dealer or terrorist or anything like that and jobs a gooden heres your visa have a nice trip, but like i said, im not 100% your probably better off talking to someone who has had first hand experience, hope this was useful

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats an interesting one would i need a visa to travel to the us even if im just going for 5 days??
    -.. . - . -.-. - .. ...- . / -- --- .-. ... . / .. ... / -.. . .- -.. ?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No.

You only need a Visa when you are going overseas for a large amount of time e.g. one month or longer i think TO WORK. Thats the crucial Part.

i think it has something to do with the tax you pay or something when working abroad.

Im pretty sure you apply for the Visa in this country in advance.

Phone the Embassy of the country you are wanting to visit and they can tell you more.

Someone has said you dont need a Visa to work in the EU which im not sure about either but this may be true. Double check with the Embassy. if you cant find the numbers then try either phoning the Passport office or 118 118
    EK9 Type R

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Coo

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my m8 went to manhattan for a week and he had to apply for a visa for that amount of time, read up for details on how/where, although it was a college trip so maybe they had done some of the work im going by what he told me

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i'm curretly working in azerbaijan (former russian state), when i arrive here i get a single entry visa for $40 which does up to 30 days, but i've now applied for a multi entry visa which is for 1 year, dont know how much that costs as the company arrange it.

when i went to sharm, i didnt need a visa unless i went outwith the sainai peninsula, which i did, and had to get a visa for that, which i think was £12.

what i'm trying to say is, it will vary from country to country (outwith EU), on cost and whether you need to apply before or get one on arrival, it will also depend on which coutry you are arriving from

phil.
    25 Year old Gte restoration................Started!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ah right super, cheers for the info Phil, exactly what I was needing to know.