Thread: How can they justify it ??

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How can they justify it ??

Just had my inssurance renewal through, how the hell can they justify that the VXr is more a year than the M3 was ????

I've rang around and got it £300 cheaper, but how the hell do these muppets work insurance out ??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    more of a marque, why did you change steve
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    well a nice spec M3 is around 45/50K
    a nice spec astra 24k they must of been on them yellow pills again

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    teh insurance rates are based on the history of claims on that certain car, i could be there has been alot of claims on the VXR's i don't know. thats my view on it.

Every insurance company rates vehicles different, might be cheap on one car and dear on another. I wouldnt call them muppetts all the insurance prices are justified.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    model year to take into account too? new against new the m3 has got to be more surely?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Brand new so if u write it off they'll give u a new car (£18000) where as if u wrote off the M3 they'd give u the price of it which I assume if its an older model would be less than £18000.

Or the VXR is easier to steal.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the same problem Steve my renewal quote came through a whole 1.3K more than on my old car. Granted not an M3 but the quote I got was more than a new quote for a brand new ML350 which I was contemplating (at the time) and that cost a smidge over 45K.

Anyways you could say those insurers got the heave ho and after I shopped around and I managed to drop that price to half of what I was paying on my old Astra 1.8 SRI with an excess of just £50. Top it all off I insured my old car on a new policy with the same insurers as the VXR and it is still less than what I was paying for my old car on its own. And the kicker I have a third policy on a 2006 ML350 (joint policy with my mate and we split the costs half half as we both use the car) and that combined with the other 2 still adds to £800 less than the renewal quote for just the VXR.

Go figure I will never get how the logic works at insurance companies. Something quite not right about how they work?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I cant see its an easier to steal thing, the M3 was a cab so knife through the roof and away you go. Both valued accordingly, VXr 16k - what i paid for it, M3 28k - what i paid for it. Just seems weird, like they pick a random number and send it to you ! lol

Got the VXr down to £430 a year now, fully comp with protected NCB too. Cant grumble at that i guess

SXi Stu
    Probably something to do with the type of person they expect to buy Hot hatches, and they way they expect them to be driven.

Does seem very silly