Thread: 18" wheel clearance?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

18" wheel clearance?

im looking at changing my wheels in the near future for some vxr wheels (19" wheel version) but due to doing quite afew miles on cra*py roads think it would make a very hard ride and very exspensive on the tyres,
    ive seen some 18" vxr style alloys on ebay 8*18" and 42mm offset. (225/40/17) tyres

The wheels look great, but just want to make sure they wont rub, on my 04 plate zafira gsi lowered on eibach springs, and will they stiill have the same rolling diameter and will the speedo still read correctly?

thanx jamie

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    1st thing 1st make sure they genuine vaux,loads of copies about. and on a zafira 18's lowered will be np's

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Go for gen 18's if you can get them m8 ride quality always affected when running aftermarket wheels(o.e equip designed for the car) unless branded like bbs/oz... but yes they will go straight on...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    they are made by bk racing i think, ive had some bk's years ago they were really strong, only poor think was the fact that the paint bubbled after a couple of years.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    one of my mates has them on his vectra and they look great so definatly worth the money IMO, ride isnt too harsh either

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I reckon the 225/40/18 tyre on these 18"wheels should fit fine Jim without rubbing, thats if it is a 30mm drop that you had.The 42mm offset should not be a problem.

Nice wheels, I take it its the wheels from Save on Tyres you are looking at, these guys are listing a tyre wheel package and also the wheels separately.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yep they are the ones look great!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim16v
    yep they are the ones look great!
    Yeah, I like em lots.
    can you post up some pics please

Seriously though, there was a similar thread on these wheels in the Zaf section not too long ago with pics with a bit of a discussion, you may find a more definative answer in there with posts by Matts and Mysterymachine whohave both played with their wheels and springs.

The guys selling these wheels are a bonafide company and have been trading for as long as I can remember, they are base around Exeter in Devon and I live about 30 miles from there.a couple of peeps i know have bought stuff etc from there with no probs.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    These are the wheels i looked at a while back but changed my mind and went a different route decided to go for the real mcoy 19`s instead

Daddy Cool
    Drives: Sapphire Black Zafira Gsi
    Ordered Jet Black Saab 9-3 TTID 180 on 18`s

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had eibachs and standard dampers with 18's, with kids in back 2 seats it hit at the back on speed humps and rubbed on full lock at the front but was turning up a steep drive. since got bilstein shortened dampers and have experienced no problems scince.
    Audi B5 RS4 Quattro 451bhp. 479lb/ft

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast