Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

GSI help/info

Hey guys,

I am going to test drive a Gsi on monday and am looking for some information on what to look out for the bus is an 05 GSI wth zenons, fvsh, 20k on the clock and its priced at 13.5k...Too dear??

I know the water pump is sometimes the weak point on the Zlet engine is it worthwhile trying to get them to change this before/if i buy??

General info would be great as i dont really have a clue about what to look out for on these bus's

Steven

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I paid 12.5k for mine 12 months ago with 20k on the clock from a VX dealer with the full leather so i would try and haggle them down on the grounds that its the older type zaf with plenty of the newer type becoming available on the 2nd hand market.Is it a VX garage you are buying from?Price depends on the 'mintness' of the car.

Realiability is among the best as far as MPV's go according to various car magazines and yes, you do need to watch for water pump failiure but I doubt they will replace it unless its proven to be faulty which could be kept an eye on in the warrranty period.AFM's are a weak point on the turbo engine but other than that have a rummage about the forum looking at old posts/threads etc.

If you buy the car as fully serviced, check the condition of the oil when you get it, as VX said mine would be fully serviced but when they delivered it to me from the Midlands to Devon the oil was as black as a rook and the filter was as rusty as an anchor and seized on, they had not done the oil and filter change and bloody good job I checked otherwise I would of been hooning around in a turbo car that had not been serviced for 2 years/ 200000 miles These engines need pampering when it comes to fresh oil as the turbo is another weak point.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi i bought mine 3 months ago its a jan,05 zafira GSI on a 54 plate in silver with 1/2 leather recro's it had 12k on the clock when i got it i did 250 miles and the coolant light came on as montyfox i just thorght the chimps at vauxhall had lied about servicing it so toped it up and thorght nowt moor about it did 200 mile light back on tuck it back did water pump under warranty although thay did try to get me to pay for the cam belt (i didn't not pay a penny) i payed £10.200 cash but i got £2500 for part ex so £12,700 you could say idd do some more hagaling mine was on fotcort for 13,999.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys i will see what tomorrow brings

It does seem a bit pricey considering the only extra is xenons. It is a family run network q garage and they are very good, the car was sold and serviced by them from new so they know the car very well.