Thread: The Coupe is growing on me...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Coupe is growing on me...

I've been looking to get a hatchback for a while now, but havent seen anything suitable, and if I have it's somewhere ooop norf over 200+ miles away! My mum had a silver hatch, then got a black coupe and I always preffered her hatch, until earlier today I saw a really nice coupe, all modded up and was very nice!

So I've been looking around but they seem to be a bit more dear, until I spotted a 52 reg, black with 69K miles for £3500 about 50 miles away.

Does that seem like a good price? I don't know the size of the engine.

Also, for a hatch I've been advised to get at least 1.8, X18XE, anything less and it's a bit...slow. But how about a coupe? Are they bigger/heavier and therefore need a bigger engine to get some kinda performance? I want something around 120bhp. My budget's £4k.

Cheers!

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Book figures are the same for both hatch and coupe, don't think you'll notice a performance difference between them.

That seems like a decent price for a 52 reg. Go and have a look at it to see what it is like, the spec varies so much from one car to another due to all optional extras

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good price, coupe is in fact slightly lighter, and it's stiffer/more aerodynamic than the hatch. The 1.8 in a 52 plate will be the z18xe1 which is 123 bhp with a fair chunk of torque (undersquare design).