Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile Angel Eyes

Hey Guys

I have received my Angel eyes today and i have been reading through the threads for these to see what issues and problems their are, anyway i have guessed the following is essential

1) 4 x H7 Bulbs x 100w (Where can i get these)
    2) Dont need that extra long lead thing with relay box on it
    3) can fit the motor from my orginal lights into the angel eyes to help with adjustment

but the following things are bugging me

1) do i need to take bumper off to fit em ( if so is it simple cos when i fitted em on my cally it was a pain in the neck)
    2) is there a how to guide on here

if anyone around luton has done this and fancies helpin a poor coupe owner out for a few beers be appreciated

cheers

deano
    "Thoust feels the Power of Having a cally Tubby, and Astra Tubby" Now the missus hates me HE HE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    bumper off takes about 5-10mins depending on how rusted on ur torx screws are (1 in arch and 1 where arch meets bottom of bumper) 2 plastic trim clips under the grille, and 3 plastic rivets on the front underside of the bumper.

U dont have to take the bumper off - but the other option means u have to flex the bumper to get to the 3rd fixing which really isnt the best option.

YES, dont bother with the additional relay supplied, and u can easily transfer the motors over from the OE lights, 80 or 100w "strictly off road" bulbs can be had from any good motor factors - halfwits should sort u out - or ebay if u so wish.

Better still.....do a HID conversion - £110 or so for the full kit. You wont look back

At least try the 80/100w jobbies and see what ya think.

Good luck - any questions just ask.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there isnt a how to guide to fitting the lights! but some really should do one i think! there is a how to for taking the bumper off tho! (on a hatch but they have to same mouting points!)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it depends which angel eyes you got to whether you can fit the motors or not and which bulbs they take. I have one set which can take the motors and h7 bulbs and one set which have no provision for the motors and take h1 bulbs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up

i just payed £90 for hids off ebay
    astra coupe bertone on 18" pro race 1.2s now on coilovers