AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J SE 2.0CDTI
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tyre Advice For A Coupe Turbo

Hey ppl, little advice on tyres and there performance...looking at a set for the fronts.
    Has got Avon ZZ3's on there now...was contemplating new ZZ3's as the ones on there now are just about had it.
    But reading my tyres reviews between the Avon ZZ3 and Toyo T1-R's the T1-R's come out trumps.

Another tyre i was considering was the Yokohama Parada Spec 2's looking at the other thread.

Now having a estimate of around 140-150bhp after transmission losses going through them im trying not to skimp.
    Im looking at decent brands, and obviously your advice.

Cheers for any input people....would like to know about the Toyo T1-R's and Parada Spec 2's a little more.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In my personal experience I dont rate the T1'S or toyo tyres in general. I would definately reccomend Goodyear Eagle F1'S every time especially the new GSD3'S with reinforced sidewalls, but these will be £100+ a tyre but in my opinion best tyre you can buy.

Other than that do not discount the fairly new Kumho ecsta tyre! the spt KU-31 its an amazing tyre and i think its retailing about 70 a corenr these days. It handles so well in the wet, you will bottle it before the tyre does and they last over 20k mixed driving.

I need a complete new set soon for my 1.8 definately will be buying KU-31'S AGAIN as in my eyes F1's arent worth the huges expense for the little extra.

all just my opinion obviously

by the way I bought some new wheels recently and they had Continental sport contact 2's on. Absolute waste of space !!! I have absolutely no confidence in the car with them on, I think they are made of chocolate or something.
    323 BHP / 312 lbft.......