AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Which AFM?

I just want to make sure I get the right thing for fitting my FMIC

Is it this one?

If it is, do I have to buy the whole VXR pipe kit which also comprises of the 2 hoses either side or can I just purchase the plastic pipe in the middle? Reason I ask is that I already have a pipe kit from an Astra H and only really need the pipe with the AFM.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If you are referring to the pipe on the right going from the IC to the plenum/tophat, thats actually the MAP sensor then yes,that's the bit you need, part no;55560513 but i'm pretty sure that you do have to buy the whole assembly, or at least thats what a couple of dealers have told me.

The AFM is the sensor between the airbox and the x-over pipe, in the top left of your pic.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Duh!!

Trust me to get the name of it wrong At least you knew what I was on about Monty, cheers for that.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    woah-if youve already got one and you need a map sensor, theres a part number on here where you can buy both the map sensor and pipe for a few quid more than the pipe itself!

i need a mk5 pipe so if you need to get one id give you some wonga to get both bits
    Car broken- A3 170 quattro s-line

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    iv got a map sensor lying here doin nothing if you need it? also you cant buy them pieces seperatly youve got to buy them all together at £55. not cheap for a bit of plastic.

edited: if you have the hoses already you could get a map sensor housing fabbed up yourself if a mate could do it for a couple of pints. but if your like me and have no mates.... lol its easier to just bite the bullet and pay the £55
    previous car - SRI Turbo
    new car - Focus RS

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Norm, sounds like a plan. My Mk5 hose set has only been on my Zaffy about 6 months so are still in mint condition. How does £30 + P&P sound? Should still work out cheaper for you than buying new from Vauxhall (£48 iirc) PM me your contact details and we can get something sorted out.

Sri-turbo-19, I think I will just buy a new map sensor/ pipe as I like to keep things looking factory. Thanks for the offer of the map sensor though. Hope you don't mind me using the piccy of your engine bay as reference

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no probs mate.
    previous car - SRI Turbo
    new car - Focus RS

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've just been thinking, If I keep the Mk5 hose set I should be able to use it to connect to the VXR map sensor pipe and run it down towards the FMIC and then all I would need to get are a couple of 90 degree bends to connect to the FMIC. Again, this would help keep things looking factory.

Sorry Norm.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I may be wrong but i thought the VXR map pipe came with the 2 rubber pipes.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah it does montyfox iv just took my bottom hose off as it was the wrong angle. ideally glynfitch you want four 90 deg bends. one for the inlet side. and three for the outlet 1st one would come straight off the cooler pointing back towards the engine bay, the second on would connect to this bend and look up on an angle with a straight piece of pipe in to get you past your battery tray and the third bend to get off your straight pipe onto your plastic map sensor housing.
    previous car - SRI Turbo
    new car - Focus RS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast