Thread: Is this exhaust worth buying?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is this exhaust worth buying?

Before I start any exterior modding, I want a decent looking/sounding exhaust and knowing nothing about exhausts I asked my friend (who also owns an Astra and works at an exhaust shop) and he said he has a peco exhaust atm and so I looked on ebay and came across this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-EXHAUST-...QQcmdZViewItem

Now its listed at £150 but my friend says he can order it through his shop and get it for £90.

What do you think guys?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its from an excellent company (Roadrunner) but the exhaust itself isn't really the best on the market. Personally I wouldnt be paying 150 notes for it - but seeing as ur mate can get a decent discount on it then Id recommend giving it a go. Its S/S so it's sure to last.

Peco are a well known brand (albeit not one of the big boys) - their systems are often known for being rather loud shall we say.

At the end of the day a decent branded S/S backbox for less than a ton has to be good in anyone's books....GET IT!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks smart mate, b4 u buy a back box u need to think if ur gna do many engine modifications, if so id start looking at a cat back, if not a back box is fine, peco are a good make as well
    The car in front is my astra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Astra_Dan
    looks smart mate, b4 u buy a back box u need to think if ur gna do many engine modifications, if so id start looking at a cat back, if not a back box is fine, peco are a good make as well
    Not really a problem in my opinion....If for whatever reason he wanted a cat-back system in the future then he could easily just whack on a straight through centre section (on the market circa £70) so personally I'd just go for the back box and consider cat-back (or precisely a centre section) at a later date.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    peco are loud, very loud, magnex is alot better quality and still quiet or better remus. I belive they did some test in a magazine about ss exhausts and peco came very vbery low on the list and lost some power. but saying that as your only buying a backbox it makes pretty much no diff
    Used to own Astra Coupe 2.2, Supra 3.0 Turbo, Supra MK4

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ooh add a straight through centre section and that wil be super loud, boy racer nova territory

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah for now I only want a back box, because having the standard exhaust with the SRI-T skirt would look a bit rubbish imo, so really I want a nice back box to compliment it better.

If I were to mod the engine, it'd probably be the last thing I do, so thinking about a cat back atm is out of the question.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dude make sure you buy the right rear valance, my twin pipe magnex box was to wide for the opening of the skirt , they do a single pipe verison and a twin on the sri-t valance.