Thread: HELP!!. Just blew the car up

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HELP!!. Just blew the car up

Driving alone about half hour ago, didnt really toe it but i did come on boost and then out of no where i get loads of knocking noises and total loss of power. I pulled over and tried to restart the car, its turn over but does not start blue smoke coming from the bay and there is no compression, as if you havent got the spark plugs in.

Im think head gasket, also there is no water in it and it was leaking water on the floor. Now i have a cometic gasket and thought these were ment to be quite good. What else would if of broken in the process.

really pi**ed of with this car now, it never works.
    Tarox 10 Pots, Gaz Suspension, Steel Rods, Garret GT30RS, MSD 550's, 87mm Pistons, Custom Software, Quaffie Diff, Paddle. 407Hp @ 1.8 Bar

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    headgasket or possible timing belt. where was the water coming from

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    belt is ok, my cover is at the painters so i can see it going round and its not snapped. Why would the head gasket just go??? its brand new its not even done 3k miles yet. any other damage do you think or have i been lucky
    Tarox 10 Pots, Gaz Suspension, Steel Rods, Garret GT30RS, MSD 550's, 87mm Pistons, Custom Software, Quaffie Diff, Paddle. 407Hp @ 1.8 Bar

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my headgasket blew in under 500 miles. they can go at any time. where is the water coming from. is there oil in the car. is the oil mixed with water or vice versa. you need to be more specific on this
    have you blown the turbo?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    er checked the water bottle and no oil in there, also looked at the oil cap and in the rocker cover and no water in there either. so im lost. There was a wierd rattling sound all day at about 3k but it would come and go, and it was quite load.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    right get the plugs out and check them for damage. do you think it could have been the turbine in the turbo rattling. then finally shatterd and bits flew into the engine.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    good idea, i cant check it now i broke down 10 mintues from my house so i just parked the heap of shit and walked home. i bloody hope its not its a brand new hybrid only went on there on saturday, but possible because it was only making the noise at 3k and that when it starts to boost.

How would that explain the head gasket going, ie loss of compression and water on the deck.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it wouldnt explain head gasket, sorry its late and im tired and didnt read about the water on the floor, assumed there was none in there.
    when the headgasket goes it normally mixes the fluids or looses them. you said there was no water but didnt say where it was coming from so i assumed there was no coolant to start with. best bet is to

check all fluids
    check headgasket for leaks
    remove plugs for colour and damage

those 3 things will bring you alot closer to the problem. dont try to start it as you could do more damage.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    il look at the plugs tomorrow. I think its definalty the head gasket but cant think why, and was else has it broken thats what im worried about because no much inside my bloke it standard anymore and is 3 times the price to buy again.

Thanks for you help at this hour, ive just finished work started a 7 up agian at 6 to go do another day of plastering walls. what a day.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a plasterer. bloody hell your loaded them, go get a new vxr only joking.

like i say, headgaskets can go at any time.i had one fitted on my car by vxl. 500miles on and it leaked. i hope it is headgasket rather than internal damage. all the best with it im off to bed now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast