Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vauxhall Service?? is it worth it??

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vauxhall Service?? is it worth it??

I am due a major service in Jan. My car has had all its services at the Vauxhall garage i bought it from. BUT does it make that much of a difference if i took it somewhere else and had the major service done, with using all vauxhall parts, but price will be almost half? Will get logs stamped for FSH.

Is it not worth going to Vauxhall

I will be ringing my VX dealer after to ask for prices on major service. How much have you guys paid for a major service? and what did it include?
    Owner Of A MK4 Arden Blue
    GSI Turbo

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    My only advice is take it somewhere, wher you trust them to do a good job. I wouldn't trust my local vaux garage to fill up my windscreen wash bottle let alone touch anything to do with the engine.

What service interval are you at? 40k = cambelt 10k = oil filters ect
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i am at 40k mate.

I have never taken my car to a vaux dealer, as i have always heard they rip people off for what work they do.

By haveing a FVSH it doesnt sell the car better in the future?
    Owner Of A MK4 Arden Blue
    GSI Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A full service history is just as good, like he said i would go to a garage that you trust rather than someone because they are a dealer.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    In todays climate mate it won't retain that much value to the car to be honest.

As your on 40k service then I'd recommend taking it to a dealers as I've had prices from other garages and they are only £10-£20 cheaper using genuine GM parts.

Your going to have a full service including Cambelt Kit & water pump. I think it was around £400-£450 (in total) but it was a long time ago so phone up and ask for the latest price. Make sure the water pump is done.

/\ Go by this unless you have a 1.2 or a 2.2. In which case you don't have a cambelt /\
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd always goto a vauxhall garage to get it serviced. I'd rather buy a car thats been totally serviced by vauxhall as you know everything has been maintained properly especially how some people treat their cars. Its not just about a filter and oil change, its brake fluid, pads, all filters, correct oil and a check on brakes etc. If all thats been done you can't really go wrong.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, so if you have a mechanic you trust then your know they will check all those things? most decent places tell you what they check before hand if you ask, everyone i've been too checks all of those things and more. People shouldn't be blinded by Vaux, just because they are a dealer is no gaurentee that they will do a good job or even check things properly.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcoupturbo
    Yeah, so if you have a mechanic you trust then your know they will check all those things? most decent places tell you what they check before hand if you ask, everyone i've been too checks all of those things and more. People shouldn't be blinded by Vaux, just because they are a dealer is no gaurentee that they will do a good job or even check things properly.
    I know exactly what your saying Matt and I agree 100% but there is also rogue garages that can be far worse than vauxhall. At least with vauxhall you know all things that should be serviced have been (When buying Cars) Im mainly coming from a buyer perspective and its all in my opinion when i look at buying cars. I just love a full main dealer service history

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i do all my own services.

i fill the service book myself and keep all the recipts. i only ever put the geniune parts.

the way i look at it i have saved myself about £500 is three years and know that the job has been done properly.

i also give the car a "full service" every year and still save money.

i also give the car a oil and filter change every six months.

the way i look at it on a car my age a FVSH is worth about £50 than still gives me a profit of £450.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu
    I'd always goto a vauxhall garage to get it serviced. I'd rather buy a car thats been totally serviced by vauxhall as you know everything has been maintained properly especially how some people treat their cars. Its not just about a filter and oil change, its brake fluid, pads, all filters, correct oil and a check on brakes etc. If all thats been done you can't really go wrong.
    In some parts of the country it's difficult, if not impossible, to find a competent Vauxhall dealer. All those I've used in the last 20 years have screwed up big time.

The stamp in the service book is worth zero, have you seen how easy it is to buy rubber stamps?

Get the car serviced at a good independent, if you can't diy, AND keep all your invoices, they give a much better idea to a prospective buyer of exactly what work was done on the car.
    Maintains:- Vectra Design 1.9CDTi
    Drives :- Hyundai Santa Fe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast