2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter

Whats the difference...

...betwwen the DTH and the DTR engines?

A quick flick throught the V-Files in Total Vauxhall brought up an interesting thought in my tiny little mind... I noticed a listing under mk4 Astra, for a 2.0 DTi SRi, runnig a Y20DTR engine. A quick scan of engine codes reveals this to be a high output Turbo Diesel, am I correct? It apparently puts out 99hp, the same as the DTH...

Bear with me now, but as some of you may know on here I am halfway through converting my X20DTL to an X20DTH engine, with new turbo, intercooler etc etc etc... Therefore my main question I guess is this... Would I be better going for a DTR conversion than the DTH, or is the DTR even any different from the DTH or is it another piece of shameless GM rebadging?
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Look at all the typo's in that post... I must seem like a right idiot... I can spell, 'onest...

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Your assuming that it is something regarding engine performance when its more likely to be regarding the alternator output. IE high output for high drain such as emergency service vehicles as opposed to Low output of domestic vehicles.

But I don't know for sure but that would be my guess.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I havent ever come across a Y20DTR till now. All i know is the Y20DTH was in the astra till 2001, then they changed the engine slightly at the front so this may be the Y20DTR.

The Y22DTR has a variable vane turbo.. the Y20DTH doesnt. Cant comment on the Y20DTR as i havent seen one.

Hope that helps....
    .. 2.0 Dti 16v ..
    .. With a few mods ..

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by jam
    ...its more likely to be regarding the alternator output. IE high output for high drain such as emergency service vehicles as opposed to Low output of domestic vehicles.

jam
    But as far as I was aware didn't Vauxhall fit the 120ah alternator to the DTH across the board? I say this becasuse as far as I know they only fitted the DTH engines to the Sportive vans/2.0DTi which have A/C and more electrics, hence bigger alternator...

What I'm asking really then is that does anyone know if there is any difference in the Turbo/Intercooler assembly etc between the DTR and DTH, seeing as the only real difference between the DTL and DTH are the turbo, intercooler, relevant piping and the angle of the air inlet/turbo manifold. And a diffecent ECU map obviously...

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by AstraDti16v
    I havent ever come across a Y20DTR till now. All i know is the Y20DTH was in the astra till 2001, then they changed the engine slightly at the front so this may be the Y20DTR.

The Y22DTR has a variable vane turbo.. the Y20DTH doesnt. Cant comment on the Y20DTR as i havent seen one.

Hope that helps....
    I though pre-2001 was X20DTH and post 2001 Y20DTH? Do you think it could be a Total Vauxhall typing error, and they should have put Y20DTH?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Another TV typo. Y20DTR doesn't exist.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pete, mines an '02 plate and is a Y20DTH so you're probably right about the pre/post 2001 engines thing.