Thread: Decat a 1.6 8v??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Decat a 1.6 8v??

hi is it possible to decate a 1.6 8v?????

I really want to get mine decated as i need more power

is this possible????
    Observe the masses and do the opposite

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Of course its possible but to what lengths will you have to go? My CAT is at the end and is part of the manifold. So to decat the car means a new manifold. As one offs go I doubt most companies will entertain you. Then of course the other problem is emmissions. The earlier 8v models may rely heavily on the cat to reduce emmissions. So you'd have to make it interchangable, which then creates a problem in itself. As far as I know the CAT relys on extremely high temperatures and even acts as a catalyst??? to bring the temp up in order to reduce emmissions. So you may still increase emmissions by replacing the existing cat with a pipe to cat then cat to pipe system because of the extra length it will suffer heat loss and therefore won't be as efficient.

Hope that makes sense.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not really worth it. Gains will be minimal on a 1.6. Get lots of power from deCats on jap cars though
    .. 2.0 Dti 16v ..
    .. With a few mods ..

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Asim, I cant recall what beneficial mods youve done to your car but personally Id concentrate on the most basic mods before even contemplating de-catting ur car... Then again its something I would advise against - unless u like spending time talkin to the boys in blue.

Any gains this mod would achieve would be fairly pointless IMO unless youd undertaken all the other achievable modifications to your motor.

Before u think Im slaggin off the 8v - I aint - cos I have one too. Mine is powerful enough for me and has enough power to keep up with the majority of ppl out ther IMHO its all down to the driver in control. (up to a certain point) lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sell your 1.6 8v, buy a 1.4 16v - instant power increase from 75PS to 90 - they're the same insurance group.
    Maintains:- Vectra Design 1.9CDTi
    Drives :- Hyundai Santa Fe