Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry God damn you Halfords!!!!!!

Guys Im so annoyed!!!!

I spent hours preping and painting my spoiler only to find Halfords colour match is way off. The guy mixed the nocturno blue from the paint code I got from the inside of my door. Although it didn't appear in the system under Vauxhall but Opel. However I can't see why that would matter. I did expect a slight difference as its impossible to 100% match, but this is more of a 65% to 75% match.

I'm so pissed off.

John
    Drives: Astra MK4 Coupe 2.2 & MK4 Estate 1.7TDI (Car Modification Diary)

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats halfords for you mate! crap i kno!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is their a better place to go to get paint mixed? I'm thinking of painting my front and rear bumpers myself, but I aint doing it if the colour might be way out.

John
    Drives: Astra MK4 Coupe 2.2 & MK4 Estate 1.7TDI (Car Modification Diary)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you t-cut the old paint? there will always be a difference even if the same color is matched.

BTW has anyone studied a car through a B/W camera? it show which parts of a car have been painted even if you can't see the difference with the nacked eye.
    I'm like a bad penny, old, dirty, and appears when not wanted.
    Guess who's writing a victorian fantasy book. #JamesPurcell #The Diaries of James Purcell

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry you realised the long way bud but Halfwits paint match is shite at the best of times. Especially as it seems with any shade of blue.

The only surefire way of getting a decent match is to use a proper bodyshop or get the rattle cans from Vx. These are circa £6.50 for a twin pack of colour & lacquer - 150ml cans only so youd need a few.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john1981
    Is their a better place to go to get paint mixed? I'm thinking of painting my front and rear bumpers myself, but I aint doing it if the colour might be way out.

John
    sorry youve found out the hard way but as others have said halfarts paint is shite

seeing your in milton keynes, if you dont mind a few miles drive, Nuneaton is about half hour up the A5, i leve there and theres place in our town thats a paint supplier for most of the bodyshops in the area etc

I had some nocturno blue mixed up there for my coupe and thats pretty close match

can pm you the details if needs be

other than that have you tried anywhere in northampton

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its not really halfords fault tbh, there are so many makes of paint and when you mix them tothe correct portions you dont get the same colours, you need to buy vauxpaint really to get a 100% match
    www.aquariumlifesystems.co.uk
    For all your aquatic needs happy to help all members out with any fish related problems!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if halfords mixed a paint to your code from that plate they have done nothing wrong - there will be alot of variations with paint colours - proper paint places have a chip guide which shows different tints of that colour which will match up to your car. best idea is to get it matched to the swatch and then have that place stick it in a tin or even in a rattle can

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used to work at Halfords, they mix the paint to a specific mixture of colors and to an exact measurement. Its not the mixers fault - perhaps it was the wrong colour to start with. lay off halfords lol.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dont no how they couldnt find it i did part number 91128955 6.20 + vat. as everyone else has said Halfords colour match is abit crap. hope you get it sorted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast