Thread: New Mods

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New Mods

Got a set of HIDs from the group buy on here so set about fitting them yesterday. Supposed to be a hrs job but turned into a days worth of not understanding the wiring instructions before the extremely useful TomH pointed out i didnt nead the huge loom i was having trouble understanding (shame the instructions neglected to mention this) By this time it was getting dark so i abandonned it for the day and recommenced today.

Commandeered Ph@tboys driveway (cheers bud) and we got cracking, took just over an hour all in all although most of the day was taken up with mincing and modifying the original bulb holders so they sat flush in the headlight, also had to extend the wiring a bit so the original wiring wasnt stretched too far.

The Kit

Before and during

Ballast mounting

And the result

Couldnt get any decent pics outside as the heavens opened midway through so we had to take refuge in the garage.

Drive home was great, kept wondering what the funny white things were in the distance then realised it was the roadsigns being illuminated 1/2 mile or so away.

Needs a bit of lining up but should be able to do that at work tomorrow

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    any pics of the modified bulb holders ?what kit did you go for ?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I went for the 10000k kit, didnt take any pics of the holders although i should have done as a couple of peeps have asked about them. Will take some next weekend when i get a bit of daylight.