Thread: Fred666's Coupe Turbo Project

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fred666's Coupe Turbo Project

Little insight into my previous car... so you get the ideas of the astra plans.

Right, well after the troublesome 3 years owning this little beauty i thought it was time to move onto something more reliabale and with a few more mod cons. The mini served me well, got a bit of fame on the way, a magazine feature, magazine contract and various images in mainstream mags not to mention a small DVD appearence
    Started life as...

And i created this monster...

So onto the next crazy project...
    Make & Model - Vauxhall Astra G Convertible.

Introduction - Been looking for one for a while now, finally found one in my price range and in the colour i wanted.

Its an 02 plate mk 4 astra convertible, 32000 miles, metalic blue -underneath just a 1.6 engine with between 95-100 BHP, So double the minis power lol. The joy of ebay, let's just say i got a bargain. Not the quickest of cars but going from a mini, trust me im having fun, and the 1.6 was the cheapest and best option for insurance.

Plans - Anyway as for the plans, probably another controversial car like the last.
    Seing as evryones doing the subtle thing over here, i thought id do something different again.
    Im going spannish style (or at least my intepretation of what's big out there)
    Big chrome wheels, two tone paint and a pimpy white interior. i know i could do the subtle irmy bits and keep it clean thing but, im not a sheep, doing something that not alot of people are doing over here yet.
    Soo here i go on another mad project
    Shopping List - Where to start...
    Grill, Bonnet Extension, Eyelids etc
    Spanish Plates
    Coilovers
    Chrome 18's or 19's
    Custom Exhaust
    White Retrim
    Install
    Two Tone Paint Job
    Magazine with the Astra in lol
    Purchased From - Ebay, Kent
    Purchase Cost - 7-8 K

WWW. FUTURESHOCKAUDIO .CO.UK
    Back in the Vauxhall fold - Astra Turbo & '82 Merc sadly missed, Two VX220's should keep me happy though

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Right well first up was a spot of debadging took absolutley ages and my fingers bled :cray:
    Also added an Opel badge to add to the spanish theme, every little helps

Next came ...
    Eyelids
    Chromatec Indicator Bulbs
    Badgeless Euro Grill
    Back in the Vauxhall fold - Astra Turbo & '82 Merc sadly missed, Two VX220's should keep me happy though

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Things are moving slow as insurance time is aproaching and all my funds are being put to that.
    Little bits now and then though
    Managed to fit MTX components in the rear so now have 4 components - sounds lovely!
    Also picked up a Lanzar 1800D amp to power 2 12's when i get around to buying them
    Little exterior mod which i think makes the world of difference, really starting to look spanish now :bb:
    Pressed Number Plates

Also started engine work - Deresricted the air filter and shaved the inside of the box to allow more airflow, next will be a 'DNX' panel filter before it goes on the rollers in November.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not much of an update but it all adds up, due to my insurance and tax all being due this month im a bit stuck for cash, but managed to do a bit. Not doing much as far as performance is concerned but will be pimping out the bay for shows.
    Just ordered these shiney little bits
    Battery Cover

Relay Covers

Brake Resovoir Cover

The engine cover has been colour coded but will be going into Moorcroft very soon to get it done professionally.

Aslo had time to work on the audio, spent a fair bit to be honest
    Not revealing the install but let's just say it's well underway...
    Here's a clue

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Little update as far as the engine is concerned...
    As i bought the car...

After a few pounds worth... Engine hose covers, strut brace, colour coded engine cover.

Coming along slowly, had my polished stuff come through the post, but waiting till christmas to fit it all at the same time. Also bought a chrome oil cap and purchased some white LED rings which will be used for surbtle pavement lighting
    So Far So Good

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well Christmas has come and gone, all my presents were for the car, so heres the engine bay as it stands with its new shiny bits Not many more bits to buy for the engine - i'm not going over the top as its gonna be an all round showcar, and the money will be spent else where, i need a bit of evrything (ICE, Engine, Styling etc)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Very small update, treated myself today to a bucket haha, thought i'd start getting the cleaning kit ready for show season, already got a Meguiars bag with all the essentials, wanted a colour coded bucket to go with it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Few more little engine mods...
    Before

After

As it stands...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Little update in the form of audio. I've been working on the install for ages now, well nothing much has happened, I've been a bit lazy, im still sanding the filler ready for painting. However the brain of the install (or brains) have finally been sorted.
    Swapped the standard Vaux head unit and disc changer for two head units.
    First i chucked the Sevic TV tuner/DVD/Radio/MP3 unit in and used that for a few weeks.
    But soon i got bored of the poor quality of it, so installed a Blaupunkt Valencia Head Unit to go with it

I've got the Sevic screen unit for DVD's running through the blaupunkts Aux. So sound from both units at the touch of a button.
    Definitley gonna do a bit more on the install now, its starting to get to me how long its taking, so hoping to get that finished soon.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Little more done to the engine, finally have all the polished caps now, and took my heatshield to get polished today...

After... (£10 later, thats all it cost )

Still waiting on a Header tank and then a promota sport Airbox will be the last but one engine bay mod.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast