Thread: Dead Zafira

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dead Zafira

My mum walked from a serious car accident involving 3 cars last friday evening. It happened in Rafriland near Newry at around 5.30pm, it was pitch black. An R driver was overtaking my mums car in the brow of a hill when an oncomming car appeared, he paniced and tried to pull back, however as he was coming back, he smashed into the rear quarter-panel of mums car and sent my mums zafira aquaplaning into a grass bank, it went over the bank and rolled a number of times and smashed into another car, it landed on the white lines in the middle of the road on its side.

The R driver's car had a head on collision with the oncoming car. Petrol was pouring from the other cars tanks and started to go on fire and was coming towards mums car. Mum was screaming for help in the car and luckily two fellas who came on the crash helped her out.

They called for an ambulance and my mum, along with the drivers of the other cars was rushed to hospital. They kept her until 11pm and released her. She came home with a swollen face and some cuts and brusies.

She is lucky to be alive and sitting beside me right now. I swear, i've never been as scared in my life, i thought i'd lost my mum for good.

I took some pics while i was up at the police compound on Tuesday

Firstly, this is what a good zaffy looks like (albeit a bit dirty however in its better days some months ago)

and then the result of Friday evening's incident...

As you can see, the windscreen has fallen all over the dash and seats. The passenger front and rear wheels have exploded tyres. The drivers side A-pillar has been completely flattened with the car rolled. The roof has almost collapsed at the rear and the rear window has smashed out and the roof rails have flattened. Theres also a lot of damage to the drivers side doors and smashed windows

My mum is lucky to be alive and walked from that

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well glad ya mum ok after seeing that and just goes to show really how safe the busses are even when rolled
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That is really scary! Glad she is ok, thats the main thing.
    Wanted Enthusiasm : Preferrably unused!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Crikey, glad your Mum escaped relatively unscathed.I wish her well and a speedy recovery.
    Having been in a couple of cars that have rolled myself I know how scary it can be.Glad the zaf did a pretty good job of protecting her.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Jesus Christ Azza I'm sorry to hear about this. I'm gald your mom is ok. Cuts and bruizes heal and cars can be replaced.

I'm glad to see that when tested the bus managed to stand up. I can't believe stupid drivers like that honestly where on earth do they get educated. Do they not realise just how dangerous it is? Especially clipping the back rear side of a car? In England they have to ask to use deadly force to carryout a moneouver like that!!!

As I said mate I'm really glad your moms ok. You can say good bye to the bus though theres no way thats gonna be turning another wheel. Just make sure your mom gets driving again soon as the more time she will have to dwell on it the harder it will be for her.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OMG m8, so sorry to hear about it but atleast ur mum's doing ok and got away from it ok. thats the main thing. but looking at the car after wat its been through, its done very well considering it was rolled several times!!
    ...: 'Speshal' Dan :...
    ...: Auto-Biography.....http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...22#post3006422 :...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    the silver one looks fine
    how about that blue one that looks ****ed up
    nice to know your mum is fine mate

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for your kind words guys, mum is away to the hospital today to get her face x-rayed and teeth fixed.

Just heard from the insurance co this morning that the R driver that caused the accident was drunk out of his mind, he'll definitely go down for that

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Lets hope he does. And hammer his insurance for every penny you can for your mums injuries and trauma.
    All the best.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by montyfox
    Lets hope he does. And hammer his insurance for every penny you can for your mums injuries and trauma.
    All the best.
    believe me mate, we will. Hes not getting away with that, he'll never drive again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast