Thread: D900 yey or ney?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

D900 yey or ney?

Hi Guys, Lookin to buy a new phone this weekend and very much tempted to buy a Samsung D900, so need your thoughts and reviews on this phone please.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ney.

I had a D500 and then a D600 and to be honest, apart from Samsung upping the camera from 1.3 - 2.0 and now 3.2mp on the D900, there isnt alot else added to it. Ok its slim and looks nice but, I dunno, I think they could've done more tbh.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I agree, the only real upgrades are a smart looking exterior and a better camera. All depends what you want from the phone TBH. I had to choose between a D900 and a Sony Ericsson K800i when I upgraded from the D600. Chose the K800i and TBH i havent looked back
    Sooner or later someone whos actually got a D900 will be able to help you out though
    Astra 1.8 SRi, Z18XE, 5 Door, Star Silver ---RIP 18/12/2006---
    Vectra B 2.0 DTi LS

Status
    AkA P_Man
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For me, it was beween the D900 and sony k800i. my girlfriend has the k800i (has had it fo a while). I really like the k800i, its feature packed, but most of all, actually doubles as a digital camera (proper one, ish...).
    That said, I got a D900. Its a far slicker and sexier phone (by a mile i would say). Ive held both and played with both endlessly. the key criteria for me were:

+slim (pocketable without a huge bulge)
    +cool
    +good functionality
    +good camera

The D900 ticked all the box's comfortably. The k800i is like a brick and totally non-pocketable. I could always feel it and the bulge was daft in some of my jeans. I wouldnt change if someone paid me £50.
    I mean, the k800i is a brilliant phone, if you dont fuss over the bulge and bulky looks. In that case, its the one to go for.

the main gripes reviewers seem to have over the D900 is the keypad, and it being difficult to use. I'll admit, this pissed me off at first, as its totally flush and at first, fidly. but after about 3 weeks it was just second nature to use. im guessing reviewers didnt use it that long. It was also fidly as i had just come from 5 years using nokias, and had to get used to the diff functions. By the way, the samsung is way ahead of any nokia ive had in terms of the 'cool' effect. dont think i'll ever go back to nokia.

oh yea, did i mention how sexy it is!.. you can tell they had heavily stylized designers dictating things with this phone. the operating system is (IMO) very stylish and pro all round.

another thing ive noticed, is it has a better and brighter screen than the k800i.

If the k800i was a bit slimmer and smaller, and more pleasing to hold, I would sacrafice the benefits of the d900 and have got the k800i, as the camera is yards ahead (mainly because of the flash). but overall, the d900 won.

the philly B verdict is, k800i - 8.2/10....... d900 - 9.5/10 (based on my criteria).

thats all
    P

Status
    AkA P_Man
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyts1985
    All depends what you want from the phone TBH.
    well said, spot on.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks guys for all your replys, looks like its the D900 for me.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just dont get the new LG chocolate mate and you'll be fine.....oh deary me.

I just got myself a K800 over the Samsung, didnt really like the look of it, plus i'm a bit of a sony fan TBH.