Thread: Insurance query...different one!!

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Insurance query...different one!!

If you have 2 cars...and you have them on 2 seperate insurance policies....what happens if you make a claim on one of the policies?

...when you renew the insurance on the other policy, do you have to state you had a crash...or is the crash specific to the policy? bit confused as the NCB is seperate for each policy...have a mate who's dad has 2 sets of NCB, using them both on 2 cars under his name! ...is that legal??!?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    having to cars with dif insures is not legal from what i know... least what i was told when i was runnin 2 cars with dif insure's

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have 3 policies so no not illegal to do at all, however you do need to all the companies you have insurance with if you have a crash so yes it does effect all NCB's. I have full no claims on 1 of my policies (the astra), 3 years on the mk2 golf, and full no claims on the van.

However if I have a crash I do need to inform all regardless of what vehicle I am in
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    I have 3 policies so no not illegal to do at all, however you do need to all the companies you have insurance with if you have a crash so yes it does effect all NCB's. I have full no claims on 1 of my policies (the astra), 3 years on the mk2 golf, and full no claims on the van.

However if I have a crash I do need to inform all regardless of what vehicle I am in
    Correct, although most companies dont put loadings on polices for claims on another policy. unless there big ones.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im sure you can get multi vehicle insurance... might be something you wanna look into

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just did a quick google search and found this: http://www.blackfriarsgroup.com/moto..._insurance.htm

"Homefleet insurance is designed for individuals and families that own three or more private cars or vehicles. The policy is based upon the drivers, not the vehicles, so it allows for flexibility and cost savings in lower premiums.

The policy is an annual insurance contract, vehicles may be added to the policy as and when they are purchased or the current insurance falls due for renewal."

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d_ghedia
    Just did a quick google search and found this: http://www.blackfriarsgroup.com/moto..._insurance.htm

"Homefleet insurance is designed for individuals and families that own three or more private cars or vehicles. The policy is based upon the drivers, not the vehicles, so it allows for flexibility and cost savings in lower premiums.

The policy is an annual insurance contract, vehicles may be added to the policy as and when they are purchased or the current insurance falls due for renewal."
    i just gave these guys a call...waiting for a quote to get back to me

combined policy with minimum 3 cars...we have 3 drivers and they can all gain NCB seperately