Thread: ipods

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ipods

anyone got one? anything i should be aware off before i spend the cash ona 30gb video ipod?

things like batt life, scratchability and the like

thanks
    "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    very easily scratched. but the see through films for £3.99 and look for cheap case to go over then, clean the ipod, add the film, push out all the air bubbles then put itin the case sexy looking ipod for ever then. oh and buy a mains charger straight away.. u will need it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Really not a big fan of the ipod, in my experience they break very easily and the software which they force you to use (itunes) is a annoying.. mainly because you have to use it. ipods are also very overpriced compared to other brands which are technically superior.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    interestingly I always hated ipods until I got one and saw the light and since then it has become one of the few gizmos that goes with me everywhere and I probably could never do without.

The new updated ones don't scratch as easily as the ones of old but as said the film is cheap and so are a cases and really will make it look pristine. Oh I agree with the mains charger you will need it. As for itunes it actually does what it should and the new version is excellent more so than the crap some other companies use. The only other make I would consider is the Creative offering but realistically while excellent it lacks the all round polish and accessory base that ipod has, and most importantly get a pair of decent earphones and there is little to touch the ipod on sound quality (escpecially if you use a decent encoding rate)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got one specifically for using in my car... its really good, i can use my steering wheels controls through my GT-300... and it charges up whilst i'm using it.
    Leave No Man Behind.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got one of the older ones, would highly recomend the new ones, seen them and they seem alot better than the one I have.
    Video playback seems very bad for battery life, but overall very good.

Really easy to update your songs, just plug it in and it does it all for you

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got two, not videos ones though, they're good enough and the software isn't all that bad. I haven't got a mains charger and it's a bit annoying having to plug it into the computer so it's probably worth investing in one of those if you use it more than once in a blue moon, hence why I haven't bothered. The standard headphones are rubbish, I brought some bang and oulfsen ones that are much better.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my bro has the ipod nano so i nick the mains charger off him. have a cracking pair of headphones. only some sony ones but the best for sound i like.

and case and film is noted.

cheers guys and gals
    "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"