Thread: a few questions..(vxr afm/Quaife atb/clutch)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

a few questions..(vxr afm/Quaife atb/clutch)

i have searched, and cant seem to find the part number for the VXR AFM (many people have asked for it, but no-one has posted it )

could someone please post the part number for it? also, is the plug the same? ie can i simply swap it over with the correct size pipes? (i hate soldering )

some have said that the car wont even start after doing this, is this true? because i had hope on doing as much work as possuble and then driving (albeit slowly and carefully) to get my ecu re-tuned to suit..
    i have the vxr rail/injectors and turbo on its way (amongst other things ), i had hoped to fit them myself then drive to get the tune...anyone think this will/wont be possible?

and i know only a handful of people have a quaife atb diff...but did you have a crack at fitting it yourself or did you get a pro to do it? i have been told its a big job on the F23, gearbox out etc etc 6 hours in a workshop....is that true?

also, can anyone direct me to an uprated clutch other than what reagal/courtney offer? otherwise i will end up getting one from them i guess...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nobody can help?

number one at the moment is will the vxr plug into the same plug as the z20let afm??

quaife diff has been ordered..i just hope there is a pro that is willing to fit it...and as far as the clutch is concerned i still havent found one

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can't help with the VXR AFM I'm afraid, but...

I know a mate of mine who knows a hell of a lot about cars and has done loads of engine conversions etc had to pay someone else £150 to fit the quaife diff for him coz he didn't like the idea of doing it himself.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have the vxr rail/injectors and turbo on its way (amongst other things ), i had hoped to fit them myself then drive to get the tune
    car will overfuel - fitting and remap at the same time with the injectors - i think the vxr afm may also come under this too

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the drive to get the tuning done is only about 25 km at the most (er..less than 20 miles?)

not concerned with a little overfuelling, as long as its drivable but does it plug straight in??

agreed, fitting the diff looks like a proper adults job!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not worth it. You might just cause yourself problems. I would just take some tools with you to the tuning place and fit the injectors before u have any work done. Quite a simple and fairly quick job.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fitting quaife to the F23 is a pain in the arse job to do yourself.

I just fitted one to F23 vectra box, and requires a few home made tools, although i have heard quaife can fit them.
    Z20LET Hybrid Vectra Running 347BHP / 386Lb/Ft

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    after fitting new AFM and injectors You shouldn't have problems starting Your car...ECU will need some time to adapt to new injectors and engine will work rich for sure before mapping. With bigger injectors and bigger AFM You shouldn't have any problems to reach the place of remap, bigger injectors will cause overfuell at all time.

and about clutch..
    why don't You want to use SachsPerformance ?

Astra QP Flash by Neodesign with gt2871r getting around 350bhp

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where can buy a sachs clutch from? do you have one? whats it like compared to standard? i drive my car at least 50km everyday and will only be looking in the region of 280-290hp (i assume, its what most are getting with similar spec )

anyone got a link for a place i buy a sachs clutch? on the verge of buying courtenay's fast road clutch and lightened flywheel combo....