Thread: Changing drivers side bulbs tip....

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Changing drivers side bulbs tip....

After having a blown passanger side lamp a few weeks ago and replacing it with a Halfords special, I noticed that the original ( drivers side ) was brighter than the Halfords one... This to Mr Sploodge is not acceptable..

So, a few days back I ordered a set of H7 Osram Silverstars from the good folk at Red Griffin ( that came with a free set of Philips side lamps )... This morning I went out with the plan of fitting them... Got the passanger side done no probs ... But could I get my hands in to do the drivers? No I could not

Removing stuff like the airbox came to mind as well as other things in frustration..... Then a miracle happened, a gift from God maybe and my wonderful girlfriend came from work to my place for lunch...

Anywayz, bless her she is only small ( 5 foot ) and has tiny hands. 2 minute job for her to get the bulb out and new one fitted

Jobs a good'un... Nice set of bright bulbs fitted and I even had chicken sarnies made for me Life is soooo hard sometimes

TIP!!! Get a person with small hands to do the bulbs..

Sorry for the pointles thread.
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    defoe agree on that - an emaciated pygmy is an essential part of any toolkit

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When I was fitting my TC switch in my mk4, I couldn't get my hand behind the susspension sturt to get the wire. Nor could a grab it with various tools. Got my mum (who has long skinny hands) to get the wire for me, took her 5 seconds, and I spent the best part of 20mins trying to get it!

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    This is why i'm probably good at my job.

My hands are small, i'm not a large built and i'm still flexiable so getting into those places others can't is easy
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason