Thread: tracking

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

tracking

Just had 2 new tyres put on the rear of my coupe today. When i drove it out of the garage i noticed the tracking was out. I had the car re tracked in August and it has been fine. Any ideas why putting new tyres on the rear has affected the tracking on the front?

Cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    most tyre places will check the tracking for free, go back and get them to check it for you, They only charge when they need adjusting.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm wondering how you know the tracking is out after the tyres were fitted, whats it doing now that it didn't do before

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Because the steering was no longer central and it pulled to the right. Anyway went back with it after i left the first post and they sorted it

It has just passed it's MOT and been serviced so I knew it was nothing like a worn ball joint, wishbone or steering.

Took the front tyres off and put the new ones on the front. When we did, we noticed the offside front tyre looked a little worse for where on the inner sidewall. Anyway after rotating and taking it out again there was a difference. So to be on the safe side they fitted another 2 tyres and checked the tracking, which was slightly out possibly due to it being re-tracked with a faulty front tyre earlier in the year. they adjusted it and all seems fine once again.

They were the original tyres and have done 27000 miles so not done too bad with them