Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Need some help planning my ICE

Current setup is:
    Alpine CDM-9825RB headunit (dont plan on changing this)
    Apline MRP-T220 Amp
    Pioneer TS-W306C 12" sub
    4AWG wiring

Now im plan on keeping the 12" sub, but would like something smaller as it takes up alot of boot space, was thinking along the lines of 10"

I want to get a Alpine MRV-F450 5 channel amp, to run the components in the doors and the 10 or 12" sub

I also have this battery

I am building a car pc which I dont want to run off the main battery when the ignition is off,, how would I go about wiring something like that without the amp drawing power from the battery?

Will running the standard components on that amp damage them? (cant find any spec on the standard ones)

Not really going for an amazing system, just want it to sound good. Plan on getting new components mid feb

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To keep an additional battery charged, just connect it (+ve to +ve / -ve to earth) to the main car battery using an ignition controlled relay (same as caravanners use to charge the caravan battery while towing). Use 30 amp cable to minimise voltage drop and a 5 amp fuse between car battery and relay.
    Maintains:- Vectra Design 1.9CDTi
    Drives :- Hyundai Santa Fe

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Supose it would be a bad idea to take it off the 4awg wire for the amp then?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    run cable to second battery then run cable from second battery to your amps remember to fuse it. This is what i would do anyway.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rizo
    run cable to second battery then run cable from second battery to your amps remember to fuse it. This is what i would do anyway.
    I thought that x1nick wants to run his pc from the additional 7Ah battery while running his ICE amp from the main battery.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x1nick
    Supose it would be a bad idea to take it off the 4awg wire for the amp then?
    That should be ok as long as an ignition controlled relay and fuse are used. This will stop your ICE amp from drawing on the pc battery.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah ok cool

As I never really play music when the ignition is off so I dont really need a 2nd battery for that.
    As for the PC, if I just nip into a shop I want to leave it on until I return. Just a general idea anyway. At the rate im going the center console wont be finished.

That battery should be fine being charged by the car's 14v supply when on shouldnt it? (dont know anything about batterys)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yuasa 12v sealed batteries should be ok being charged at 14.4v (the alternator output voltage) but you need to match the theoretical capacity to the demand.

If you take the full 7Ah (as photo) out of the Yuasa regularly, it won't last long. Those Yuasa are designed for maintaining an emergency supply as a back-up battery for alarms, etc - they're not designed for discharge more than a few times.

Calculate your PC current draw (in amps) and maximum time (in hours) you think it'll be needed. Multiply the two together to get the Ah requirement. I'd suggest fitting a battery with 2.5x that maximum requirement.

Only if you use a leisure / marine / deep cycle types of battery can you use the rated Ah and they start around the 55 Ah mark.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, o well was just an idea really.

Now looking around the forum I notiched you can get 72Ah 'GO' batterys, would this be a good solution?
    Or would split charging be a better idea and have one dedicated battery in the back for the ICE and one for engine related?

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Not sure how powerful your sub + amp is, but a split charge system would be good as will stop the headlights dimming to the bass line of the music