Thread: Raising Idel Speed on Astra Sport (X18XE1) !!PLEASE HELP!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Raising Idel Speed on Astra Sport (X18XE1) !!PLEASE HELP!!

Hi thanks for looking.

I have a small issue with my Astra sport at the moment and its as follows:

My car was suffering from an anoying amount of movement when pulling away and changing gear, so to solve this i fitted a powerflex front engine mount. This solved the problem and the car now drives great. However with the engine mount fitted i get very bad vibration though the car on idel at traffic lights etc. How ever if i press the accelerater down gentely and hold the car at around 900rpm its fine almost no vibration at all.

So my question is if i raise my idel at the throttle bodie to around 900rpm will this course problems once im on full throttle? Im thinking this may then open the butterfly a little further than normal or will this not be enough to course a problem?

Thanks for reading! Any advice would be appreciated!

I know its unlikly that anyones tried this but worth a shot!

Cheers

Greg.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    You could try the old resistor trick off ebay. Should fool the ECU into thinking its cold and will increase the air/fuel ratio and that should bring the revs up. But down side is the fuel economy will be rubbish.

To be honest you fitted a performance part which isn't really designed for everyday driver. You should of just replaced it with a standard vaux one. But you would never of known I suppose.

Hope the advise above helps.
    jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not a mechanic, but it sounds like there's something out of balance on/in you engine, don't even know if thats possible but it shouldnt be shaking out your fillings

have you checked all the other mountings, fitting the powerflex mount has only moved the vibration effect from the engine bay to the whole car
    25 Year old Gte restoration................Started!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you cant adjust the idle as far as im aware, and if you can it will only be through tech 2, it may just be the mount needs bedding in matey, fit a nice exhaust and you forget about the slight vibraton!!!

MK4 1.8 16V Sport and MK5 CDTi Estate

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That vibration is probably a sign of underlying engine problems - you be better off getting that checked out rather than trying to mask it by upping the idle speed

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

vibration

hi my astra sport does it to been told possibly throttle body or egr valve iv got use to it now but if you solve it can you let me know wot it is thanks marc464

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your replys. I was Probably exagerating a little on the amount of vibration i get its only a little really but its just enough to annoy me lol.

Im pretty sure the engine is sound, its just been serviced, lowish miles for age, runs sweet and was fine untill i fitted the mount and now i just get a slight vibration on idle. Which from reading what people have said about the mounts you get anyways. Which wouldnt bother me normaly but i work in the city centre and have to sit in traffic for quite a while everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by pardoe16V
    you cant adjust the idle as far as im aware, and if you can it will only be through tech 2, it may just be the mount needs bedding in matey, fit a nice exhaust and you forget about the slight vibraton!!!
    I belive you can adjust the idle on the X18XE1 as its cable throttle. Could be wrong tho??? mounts been fitted for a few months now and no change. Ive already got a full exhaust system but its not helping
    SRI TURBO + COURTENAY CS3 =

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No the idle can't be adjusted on the X18XE1 either. It's controlled electronically from the ECU and uses a stepper motor to adjust the throttle plate directly.
    Maintains:- Vectra Design 1.9CDTi
    Drives :- Hyundai Santa Fe

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    on cable throttle bodies it can be ajusted i beleive, but as stated not on this engine as its electric throttle and also as stated can be done, but by a tech2 i beleive...arent you better off putting a standard mount in...
    ASTRA COUPE 2.2 16V, FULL CAT BACK EXHAUST AND DBLIAS FLOWMASTER KIT!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no matey, the X18 has a cable throttle body, the Z18 has an electric throttle body, either way they cant be adjusted, unless you butcher the cable on on the X18's throttle body!!!

MK4 1.8 16V Sport and MK5 CDTi Estate