Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fujifilm FinePix Z3 or Casio Exilim EX-S600

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to buy an ultra compact digital camera. I've spent a lot of time looking online and reading reviews and out of twenty of so camera's I originally liked, I have got it down to a final two. The Fujifilm FinePix Z3 and the Casio Exilim EX-S600. Both cost about the same and have very simular features. The Casio is a bit cheaper, looks nicer I think, the memory is cheaper, and it can take nearly twice as many pic's before the battery goes flat. However I don't know anyone who has owned a Casio camera and I know dozen's of people who have owned Fuji's and been happy. Plus the Z3 has fewer mechanical part's to go wrong.

I am leaning towards the Fuji but other peoples thoughts also. Oh the reason I want a ultra compact camera is partly to take it on night's out. So night photography and size were a major issue. Both have the same shutter speeds though and are nearly the same size. I don't know about the quality of the flash or the len's.

Anyone got any thoughts on this.

John
    Drives: Astra MK4 Coupe 2.2 & MK4 Estate 1.7TDI (Car Modification Diary)

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    john I dont know anything about either of the cameras you have mentioned, however I will say that I have had 3 fujifilm cameras, and a few family members and friends have also had them. All of the fujifilm cameras seem to suffer from poor battery life, as well as some build quality issues. My 3rd fujifilm model camera has just broken without warning and to be honest I wont buy a fujifilm again.

I may have been unlucky, the pictures are brilliant, but the battery life and the fact they dont seem to last has made me look else where for my next camera. It may be worth you looking into personal reviews of each camera before you make a final decision.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    casio, better picture quality imo