Thread: Refund problems!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Refund problems!

I recently purchased some parts for my car a breakers. I ordered, over the telephone, a center dash piece (around heater controls), ash tray, fag lighter surround, gear stick surround and the thing under the handbrake. I paid over the phone using my debit card.

When I received the parts I found that I had gotten the black center console and nothing else!

I phoned the company (carquip uk) and the guy I spoke to claimed that he had packed them himself and were definately included. I assured him that they weren't and there must have been some mistake. He denied this, but agreed that if I sent back what I had, they would gladly refund my money.

I did so and today have received a letter that states:

Dear Sir,
    We have today received back part of the order supplied to you. The front ashtray and trim piece between gear and handbrake are missing. They were in the original parcel to you and you said you were going to paint them yourself!!! If you return these items we will be happy to refund you for the parts.
    Yours Faithfully

I called today to question this and was told that I was incorrect, however the manager was now dealing with this and I should call back. When I asked if he could call me, the guy said 'no, we don't make outgoing phone calls for refunds as we consider them to be not our fault'.

This is completely not what I ordered and not what was agreed in the first phone conversation regarding the refund. I have sent everything back and they're refusing to refund me now!

Where do I stand? Any advice?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Read their T&C's of short shipments. There should be a policy in there of phone them within x amount of days to report a short shipment. Ask how many parcels were shipped and if your missing one.

You could try to send them back under long distance selling act however as you have opened it they don't have to do it. But if they are stupid enough then they will accept it back.

Ask trading standards where you stand and what advise can they give you? There threre to help.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've already sent it back and the letter I received today was informing me that they have received only part of what they initially sent..

Are they bound by law to provide me with thier short shipments T&C?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    They have an obligation to supply you with what you ordered.

But what do you do when one says they haven't recieved it and the other says they have sent it?

I have worked for many mail order companies and most times this happens the only thing they can do is accept that the customer is always right. If it was sent out in 2 parcels and you recieved one then they are duty bound to chase where the second package went to and get it delivered to you.

T&C's (Terms and Conditions) all businesses have them (or should at least to protect the buyer and seller).

They only recieved part of what you sent because you were only sent that part IE missing items you ordered.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They have, in this case, told me that the customer is wrong

They told me it was all shipped together in one parcel and that they can't give me a refund until I send back all the parts they supplied me with.

I have It also is not what I asked for but I think thats immaterial. I've paid to send it back when it wasn't my fault in the first place. All I want is the money back for what I paid for the parts.

FYI, the company is called Carquip UK, based in Norfolk. Complete cowboys, everyone avoid!!

I've posted on the consumer action group forum, just wondering if anyone had any ideas or information as to where I stand now.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    tell you credit card company what has happend thay might cancel the payment to the company as they are being stupid

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    was the box big enough to fit all the parts in in the first place?
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust