Thread: HELP! problems since lowering, Shaking & creeking

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HELP! problems since lowering, Shaking & creaking

I had my car lowered a few weeks ago now and ever since I have had a couple of problems.
    First of all I am getting a strange sort of creaking sound from the back of the car at low speeds of less than 20mph, this is where it Is most noticeable and quite loud. Visually I can’t see anything loose and the springs seem to be sitting fine. The springs do not squeak when the car is stationary and they are compressed.

Secondly, I get a shaking at 70mph – 90mph. This is exactly like the wheel balance is out but I have hade it done 3 times now. I have also had camber and tracking done too. Also the steering wheel does not seem to straighten its self out after a slight turn, it still sits slightly to the direction of turn. Hard to explain but it does not spring back into the centre if you follow me.

This all seems to have occurred since it has been lowered. Any ideas please help!
    Thanks. Ricky

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    my car shakes rattles aqnd rolls since iv put the lowering kit on, seems to be a comprimise between performance and comfort.

As for the shaking maybe you have buckled a wheel since lowering the car? the suspension will be stiffer and maybe uv hit a pothole?

Just throwing ideas into the fire
    1.6 8 valve, 5 door, soon to be a 5 studded let with crusty arches

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeh mabey. I manages to sort out the shaking, the garage didnt balance the back wheels after saying they did . ahh well at least thats one problem sorted, just the creeking / knociking now